Job description / Role
We are looking for an individual with a strong Public Law background in a regulator, central bank or other entity. The individual must have legislative drafting experience as you will be required to:
* Draft legislation (laws, rules, waivers / modifications) and guidance.
* Provide timely and accurate legal advice and support to the Policy and Strategy Department and other departments.
* Prepare or contribute to high standard papers and materials to the Board and its committees and participate in meetings of the legislative committee.
* Analyse and advise on legislation.
* Oversee and enhance the quality and consistency of legislation and legal advice, including settling drafting and advice of junior lawyers.
* Provide legal advice to internal administrative decision-makers.
* Identify and undertake improvement opportunities relating to the legislative practice, using best practices and technology.
* Alert the Director to potential delays and significant issues.
* Brief external legal counsel where appropriate.
* Conduct internal training on issues relevant to the legislative practice.
* Maintain relevant public law expertise.
Senior public lawyer with legislative drafting experience
* Bachelor or equivalent degree.
* Barrister/Solicitor current practicing certificate or equivalent right to practice in law, preferably from a common law jurisdiction
* Preferably 10 year PQE.
* Legal drafting experience is necessary.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.
About the Company
Established in 1987, McGregor Boyall Associates Ltd is a global recruitment consultancy providing permanent and contract / interim professionals throughout Financial Services and Commerce & Industry.
Headquartered in the City of London, and with further offices throughout the UK (Manchester and Edinburgh) as well as globally in Dubai and Singapore, we are able to offer recruitment solutions throughout the UK & Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific regions.
Since our inception, we have built an unrivalled reputation for helping organisations recruit the very best talent to ensure that they realise their business and operational objectives.