Job description / Role
We are looking for an Arabic Speaking senior qualified attorney/lawyer/solicitor (preferably admitted) to join at an Senior Consultant level in the Quality and Risk Management (QRM) team in the capacity of a Senior Legal Advisor in the Risk Advisory Business line, reporting to the Risk Advisory Risk Lead and indirectly to the Business Risk Leader.
- Primary reviewer for all Arabic contracts and legal documents;
- Review ongoing projects on any lifecycle - legal, reputational or other risks,
- Liaise with relevant leadership, functions or industries to ensure that legal risk has been identified, and recommend actions or safeguards to be implemented;
- Provide legal and legal risk management advice on contract management, contracting risk and deal structuring;
- Formulate legal opinion and disseminate as communication;
- Interpretation and advice on legal documentation.
- Manage contractual landscape end to end from Opportunity until close-out of Engagement;
- Assess legal implications of various opportunities and implementation for Engagements;
- Prepare, review and modify contractual mediums to assist and support various delivery activities;
- Negotiate, review and draft commercial legal documentation for business transactions.
- Review, edit and negotiate Change Orders and Amendments to the Services Agreement;
- Review, edit and negotiate basic contracts and other transactional documents (e.g. SOWs, NDAs, Change Orders, and Amendments) throughout the continuance of the Engagement;
- Liaise with the Engagement management team, Quality Risk Assurance and internal Legal;
- Interpret expectations, obligations, assumptions and provide a business analysis for consideration, and coordinate and document change;
- Communicate expectations and standards with key stakeholders;
- Protect interests, property, confidential information and marks;
- Communicate and summarize contract and business deal proposition to present to leadership.
Service and Product Risk Management:
- Deep understanding of the different service and product offerings delivered in the Engagement together with their inherent risks;
- Classifying, evaluating, and monitoring risks, and implementing mitigations for the risks identified.
- Admitted Attorney / Solicitor / Barrister;
- 4-6 years post qualification experience in reviewing Arabic & English documents (Contracts – Agreements) .
- Experience in a reputable Legal Practice;
- Prior Consulting experience preferential (other Big 4);
- Arabic speaker is a MUST- the candidate should be able to fluently read and review Arabic and English legal documents.
About the Company
Deloitte is the world's largest and leading professional services firm, providing audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax and services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries, whether they are in the energy, communications, oil and gas, financial services, family businesses, healthcare, public or education sectors among others.
With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte's more than 250,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte globally and is the first Arab professional services firm established in the Middle East region Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) and is a leading professional services firm established in the Middle East region with uninterrupted presence since 1926 with 26 offices in 15 countries to date. What distinguishes Deloitte member firms in the Middle East is the global and regional expertise and know-how offered through specialized and highly knowledgeable talent. Deloitte aims to offer the best services to its clients through a team with more than 3,300 partners, directors and staff in the Middle East which guarantees effective communication with clients and a deeper understanding of their needs. It is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has also received numerous awards in the last few years which include best employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), as well as the best CSR integrated organization.
Deloitte drives progress. Our practices around the Middle East support clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We invest in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empower them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity