Job description / Role
Senior Legal Counsel, Dubai
Attractive Expat Package Available
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for leading multinational group who operate within the construction sector.
An interesting opportunity has arisen to work for a leading multinational business who operate within the construction sector worldwide. They are currently seeking an experienced Senior Legal Counsel to be responsible for managing many of the day to day activities of the legal team here in the Middle East. This Senior Counsel will regularly interact and work with senior members of Management both in the Middle East, and at Global levels, and will develop a detailed knowledge of the laws, policies and procedures that apply to operations throughout the Middle East. In addition, the Senior Counsel will use their best endeavors to ensure that employees are aware of and comply with all applicable laws, policies and procedures and the laws, and the interests of Corporate and the shareholders are protected.
Responsibilities will include:
• Primary responsibility for all the day-to-day activities relating to the Infrastructure business in the Middle East.
• Primary responsibility for managing the other members of the Legal Team in ensuring service is being delivered efficiently, consistently and with technical excellence.
• Reviewing and advising on all legal documents executed including tender documents, contracts, employment agreements, MoUs, and bonds.
• Advising Corporate on its rights and responsibilities under applicable laws.
• Advising on responsibilities under applicable ethics and compliance laws and regulations.
• Providing regular training on topical legal issues.
• Assisting with ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, including the Delegations of Authority.
• Working with the other members of the ME Legal Team to ensure that the plans and obligations of the ME Legal team are met.
• Forming excellent working relationships with all senior leaders, both within and outside of this business arm, and ensuring our services are effective, efficient and valued by the business.
• Developing and managing standard form and sample documents (eg: consultancy contract, sub consultancy contract, etc).
• Providing proactive, solutions-focused, legally sound advice and support in a timely fashion to the business.
This is a management role as above, and the client additionally is keen to find someone who can lead a team, attend board meetings as well as contribute to the overall development of the business arm and team.
Education and/or Experience
• Common law qualified Lawyer (preferred, not essential)
• UAE or GCC experience
• Minimum 8-10 years experience
• MUST have experience in construction/big projects background
• MUST have experience in contract negotiations
• Fluent English Language skills essential.
• Arabic Language skills are preferred, but not essential.
The client is offering an attractive UAE Tax-Free package, plus benefits including medical insurance, and Life Insurance.
About the Company
Inspire Selection is headquartered in Dubai and recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Insurance, Legal, Sales & Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Logistics & Supply Chain.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Commercial Lawyer - Major Law Firm