Job description / Role
At DarkMatter we believe that "impossible is only the beginning." That's why we empower our employees to create, not just their future at our company, but also the future of cyber security around the world. As a member of our growing team, you'll take your vision and use your creativity to produce the technology solutions of tomorrow. With the agility of a startup and the talent of an experienced firm, we'll connect you with like-minded colleagues ready to create what's next in the field. When the only constant in tech is change, shift your focus to the UAE and lead the next development at DarkMatter.
As a Senior Legal Counsel you will advise and support the business, proactively providing contractual legal advice and support to the relevant sales, procurement and technology teams. You will support on contractual management, review terms and conditions, negotiate agreements and advise on risk profiles. You will participate in legal projects, and support the business and technology development efforts of the company. This role provides an excellent mix of autonomy, responsibility and support as well as progression opportunities.
As a Senior Legal Counsel, you will:
- Advise and support the business.
- Proactively providing contractual legal advice and support to the relevant sales, procurement and technology teams.
- Support on contractual management, review terms and conditions, negotiate agreements and advise on risk profiles.
- Participate in legal projects, and support the business and technology development efforts of the company. This role provides an excellent mix of autonomy, responsibility and support as well as progression opportunities
To bring your dream to life, you'll need:
- To be considered for the role you should have circa 4+ years' PQE dealing with complex commercial, M&A, Private Equity and technology related contracts.
- Articling or foundational legal experience at a leading multinational law firm is a requirement.You enjoy building relationships with multi-national teams, and you have a genuine interest in sharing skills and experience with legal and non-legal business colleagues.
- You thrive in a fast paced start-up like in-house environment, and have a keen fascination with technology and cyber-security products and services.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are bilingual (Arabic/English), as the position will require excellent drafting skills in both Arabic and English.
- A desire to innovate in the UAE
Working in Abu Dhabi
Just off the Arab Gulf and right at the edge of your imagination, is a place where geniuses make their cyber security dreams come true. At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working at DarkMatter. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.