Job description / Role
Company: A renowned investment management group.
Job Title: Legal Counsel
Job Location: Dubai
Responsible for providing advisory services to all business units and supporting functions on all legal matters, including reviewing, drafting, and negotiating transactions/deals/investment legal documentation, corporate structure, and general contracts.
Reports directly to: Head of Legal Department
• Assist in analysing private equity, real estate, mergers & acquisitions deals/ projects/ investments in respect to potential legal risk and legal compliance and carrying out any legal due diligence.
• To ensure that financial and investment transactions are carried out in accordance to the applicable laws in order to protect the company’s interest.
• Assist in drafting, reviewing and negotiating investment/deal documents and general contracts and agreement to ensure contractual certainty and compliance with applicable laws and policies.
• Work with relevant business units in negotiating with various third parties in order to support the resolution of legal related matters.
• Provide routine advice and assistance to business units and other departments and management in the application and/or clarification of dispute resolution policies, procedures and documents to minimize associated legal risks.
• Where instructed, and with the prior approval of the Head of Legal and Management, supervise and coordinate the work of external law firms and consult with them on legal issues.
• Provide advice, draft and negotiate documentation in relation to a range of:
- Commercial matters, including, financial advisory agreements, asset management agreements, term sheets, letters of intent, MoUs, subscription agreements, shareholders agreements, information memorandums, sale and purchase agreements, client introduction agreements, fee sharing agreements, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, sale contracts and leases of real estate or other fixed assets, distribution and franchising agreements.
- Intellectual property issues including trademarks, patents, copy right, designs and confidential information.
- Corporate and commercial matters, agreements and documentation, including incorporation documents, licenses, memoranda and articles of association, resolutions etc… pertaining to the Company and Group.
- Financing and loan documentation with respect to loan and debt raising facilities and securities (including collateral ancillary documents) as well as any type of documentation relating to financial instruments.
• Draft precedent and template documents to be used by the Legal Department as may be requested from time to time by the Head of Legal.
• Assist the Head of Legal to review, design and implement procedures to ensure that up to date statutory and other records are maintained for the Organization and that documents which are required to be filed by law or regulation are filed in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with the relevant legislation and regulation.
• To be proactive and assist in identifying issues, legal risks and potential liabilities in order to escalate it to the Head of Legal.
• To assist in safe keeping of all legal documents pertaining to legal transaction and contracts/agreement.
• To assist the Head of Legal in the development process of company’s policies, procedures and controls at various levels through input of legal advice on relevant aspects referred.
• To proactively seek to develop own skills, knowledge and competence in order to increase the level of personal contribution/performance
• Keep abreast of all pertaining laws and maintain high-level working knowledge of legalities which directly or indirectly affect the organization and identify and assess actions to be undertaken by the Company to ensure the improvement of the Company’s performance and its compliance to the applicable laws.
• Assist the Head of Legal to grow the Group legal function.
• Perform other duties that the Head of Legal and Management may from time to time reasonably require.
The job holder is required to assist the Head of Legal Department in managing the legal and compliance department as an additional in-house legal capability. Much of the time will be spent carrying out routine tasks such as drafting, reviewing and negotiating deal or investment documents and updating records.
• Arab/European individual
Knowledge, Skill & Experience
Education level required:
• A law degree
• Professional/Technical qualifications/Diplomas: Membership in good standing in Bar Association.
• Minimum 4-5 years of experience in a law firm or a corporate legal department, preferably an investment firm or bank.
• Specialist Skills required for the Job: Fluent in English (both spoken and written), as well as having excellent communication skills, excellent knowledge of UAE/GCC Laws, Tax free jurisdictions, and common law jurisdictions (US and UK), and Legal System in the region, accurate and detailed in paper work.
• Attention to detail: Ensures that information is correctly processed, and that work complies with relevant internal/external rules, procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Influencing: Builds commitment to recommendation or course of action by understanding the position of others and presenting arguments, facts and figures in a way they will find most persuasive.
• Using information effectively: Collects and collates necessary facts, figures and opinions, using a range of resources and adds value by identifying patterns, trends and relationships in the data.
• Self-Motivation: Puts energy and commitment into completing a piece of work and doing it to the best of ability. Looks for ways to meet and exceeding challenging performance standards and targets, setting personal goal at or beyond business expectations
About the Company
Viva HR Consultants is a fast-growing service provider in the field of Human Resources and Recruitment Outsourcing. Located in Dubai, we provide a wide array of HR Services for businesses and individuals across the world.
We specialize in turning first assignments into successful long-lasting business partnerships. Our vision is to deliver quality products and services to clients across the globe. We take pride in our core values of Integrity and Confidentiality. We are a very customer-centric organization and our entire team works very hard to achieve our primary goal of \"Customer Delight\" which results in our customers and clients coming back to us for more. We also strongly believe in building long-term mutually beneficial business relationships. We never promise what we cannot deliver and we never compromise on quality.
Senior Legal Consultant (Bilingual)
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.)
Legal Manager - Law Firm and Inhouse Experience Required