Job description / Role
We are looking for a Senior Lawyer to form part of an existing legal department of a large European construction company
A diverse construction company with close to 20,000 employees worldwide. The Dubai office services the Middle East region which is one of their biggest regions
* Offer up support from beginning to end of a project (including bidding stage negotiations with clients and suppliers)
* Review all types of construction documentation including FIDIC, EPC and O&M; advising management on associated risks.
* Providing legal support during the execution of the project and providing guidance on contentious related matters
* Litigation and arbitration matters, construction claims etc
* Negotiations with banks on long term investment financing
* Establishing project companies, drafting of shareholder agreements.
An attractive expat salary, flexibility in terms of office hours, and a family status benefits package (includes schooling allowances)
Candidates who should must meet all of the below criteria
* LLB/LLM and law license from the UK, EU, US, Australia, NZ or South Africa
* 6-12 years of experience in the construction industry
* Expert knowledge of FIDIC, EPC, O&M as well as PPP agreements and long term financing contracts
* Experience providing support through contentious matters (litigation, arbitration, claims preparation)
* Fluency in Arabic will be considered an advantage
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Managing Counsel / Legal Counsel
Head of Legal
Senior Legal Counsel
Regional Head of Legal - Multinational Business