Job description / Role
• To manage transactions, provide legal advice to the business, and proactively identify legal risks and assist in the mitigation of legal risks across the bank
• Provide professional expertise and experience advice to the business in order to raise awareness and understanding of the legal implications of commercial decisions and complex transaction structures with minimal supervision
• Transaction Management
• Manage moderate to complex transactions by liaising with external counsel and the business in order to achieve commercial aims
• Draft and provide project management support to enable the business to manage more simple deals
• Legal Risk Management
• Anticipate, identify and manage legal risks including proactively identifying legal issues and progressing team efforts in order to improve legal risks by improving
• At least 7 years of legal experience (where appropriate, in banking/finance or other required and relevant areas of specialism, such as commercial law) from a reputable/recognised law firm and/or regional or international bank
• Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised/reputable university in law, or another degree and a recognised conversion course
About the Company
At Hays, we invest in lifelong partnerships that empower people and businesses to succeed. With over 50 years’ success under our belts and a workforce of 10,000+ people across 32 countries, we’ve evolved to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
So much more than a specialist recruitment business, what really sets us apart is our knowledge through scale, deep understanding and our ability to meaningfully innovate for our customers. By providing advice, insights and expertise on issues you face today in the fast-paced world of work, we help you make the right decisions for tomorrow.
Offering an unrivalled suite of recruitment and workplace solutions, whether you’re looking for what’s next in your career, or have a gap to fill, we’ll help you get where you want to go.
You can rely on us to deliver today and help you plan for tomorrow.
Senior Legal Counsel - Maritime
|Abu Dhabi||2 Jul|
Global Legal Manager - Remote
Senior Corporate & Finance Lawyer