Senior Legal Counsel
Job description / Role
Robert Half are working with a semi government company that is one of the leading top utility providers in the UAE.
This role covers assistance with the management of large infrastructure project financed transactions and includes drafting, reviewing, supporting negotiation and amending of documentation relating to procurement and financing of new production or generation capacity, in conjunction with external counsel. The role will entail the provision of legal support in relation to high-value complex commercial and financial agreements, including Common Terms Agreements, Commercial Facility Agreements, Shareholders' Direct Agreements and ISDA Schedules.
* Support the legal aspects of the project financed procurement, tendering and award process in close coordination with Asset Development, including:
* Advising on the legal implications of financing structures as part of initial project structuring;
* Reviewing project financing requirements for incorporation into project procurement tendering documents;
* support, in conjunction with external counsel, the development of principal financing agreements, i.e. Common Terms Agreements, Commercial Facility Agreements, Shareholders' Direct Agreements and ISDA Schedules;
* coordinating with advisors, lenders (and lenders' counsel) and other stakeholders concerning negotiation, due-diligence, and execution of financing arrangements;
* Acting as lead legal representation during negotiations of financial agreements with project developers and lenders;
* Supporting financial close of approved projects in coordination with relevant financial institutions and government bodies in coordination with Asset Development.
* Support the legal aspects of any restructurings and/or refinancings of existing financial arrangements undertaken in relation to any of projects.
* Support the GC in providing advice on all legal matters relating to general financing transactions and arrangements.
* Support in monitoring compliance with applicable sector laws, regulations, and guidelines, drafting remedial actions or advice memoranda where necessary.
* Support in analysing and evaluating the legal impact of sector developments and/or regulation change on operational and business activities.
* Identify and evaluate legal risks that may impact the organisation, as well as developing and implementing best practice strategies and mitigation measures, where necessary.
* Provide support to the GC in relation to external consultations, correspondence, or negotiations, including with regulators, other government entities and external consultants.
* Draft legal opinions, memoranda and other legal briefing documents for the GC, Asset Development Director, and other senior management colleagues between business partners, contractors, and clients with a view to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
* In conjunction with external legal counsel, draft Officer's Certificates, Board Resolutions and other constitutional documents necessary for the closing of new transactions.
* Manage the collation and coordination of submissions in relation to KYC process, as required by lenders.
* Review and endorse award of asset development contracts, ensuring appropriate benefit/risk analysis and identification of any potential legal risks.
* Support the appointment and management of external counsel as and when required.
Salary and Benefits
70,000 - 80,000 AED a month, depending on experience, plus company benefits
Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Pay and salary ranges are dependent upon experience, qualifications and training.
* Bachelor's degree in Law or related field
* Common law qualified lawyer
* An internationally recognised law firm, recognised bank, financial institution; or
* A diverse/multi-cultural business industry (mid-cap to big-cap organisations); or
* A multi-national company in a complimentary sector (energy, utilities, infrastructure).
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Legal Counsel - Arabic Speaking
TGC Middle East