Job description / Role
Robert Half are working with one of the largest holding companies in the UAE that operate globally.
Reporting to the Group Chief Legal Officer, the Senior Legal Counsel will contribute to the legal department's strategic role of managing legal risk while enabling business growth, by delivering timely, legally robust, compliant, and business friendly legal support to the Group and its operating entities as follows:
* Give accurate and timely legal advice on a variety of legal topics to ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations in the Group's areas of business.
* Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts for the operating companies and group divisions including media/sponsorships, technology, services, equipment sale and purchase, consultancy, NDAs, management agreements, leases, licenses, minor works construction agreements, franchise.
* Liaise with and monitor external counsel on establishing, amending and winding up corporate entities across the region.
* Support the GCLO in preparing, updating and implementing/invigilating Group-wide legal policies and procedures.
* Standardization of recurring contractual templates and divisional contractual/documentary toolboxes for the various divisions (media, automotive, HR, IT).
* Stay current on emerging legal trends, by monitoring and reporting on material legislative or regulatory developments that may have an impact on the group and its businesses.
* Mentoring junior team members.
* Be part of working groups with a regulatory/legal/compliance aspect (e.g., HR, local law data protection, GDPR, …etc).
* Bachelor's degree (LLB/JD) in Law.
* Common law qualified lawyer.
* Fluent written and spoken English.
* 4 years PQE in an international legal practice or multinational company.
* Admitted as a lawyer/solicitor
* Post graduate degree (LLM)
* At least 2 years in-house, in a commercial environment in the GCC.
Salary and Benefits
40,000 - 45,000 AED a month plus company benefits
Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Pay and salary ranges are dependent upon experience, qualifications and training.
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.