Job description / Role
Act as in-house counsel to the Company and its affiliates in the Africa Middle East region and will provide gull generalist legal support
A European industrial leader with over 60 global offices
* Oversees the day-to-day Legal activity (daily legal tasks including contract review, corporate governance, compliance, legal research, advice, employment).
* Advises the management on different matters of a local nature (companies law, corporate restructuring, foreign investment law, labour law, etc) and legal risks associated with potential business deals.
* Corporate governance for the entities that includes overseeing board decisions, appointments, limitation of powers
* Compliance: deploying training sessions if needed
* Corporate/transactional work: joint ventures, appointment of law firms, preparation of the legal due diligence report, up to the execution of the different contractual documents related to the transaction such as Shareholders Agreements, Memorandums of Association, Share Purchase Agreements, Business Transfer Agreements, related agreements
* Take on a senior role in a well respected company and contribute greatly
* Have the ear of senior decision makers in the European headquarters
* Live and work in a true economic hub
Candidates who apply should meet the following criteria:
* Bilingual - English and Arabic a must
* 7-12 years of post qualifying experience (5 of which must be in-house)
* Ideally coming from an engineering/manufacturing/industrial background
* Experience working in a large region
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
|Abu Dhabi||7 Jun|
Legal Advisor & Board Secretary
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE
Legal Counsel, 4 PQE, Arabic Speaker
Inhouse Legal Counsel / Corporate Lawyer