Job description / Role
As Senior Counsel, you will support all construction related matters all construction related matters within the client authority (both contentious and non-contentious) including drafting and negotiating construction contracts, providing legal services and advising on all areas of construction law and matters related to contractors, subcontractors and design professionals.
One of the UAE's principal authorities in the areas of economic growth and progression
* Advise and provide consultation in transaction matters on day-to-day issues that require legal assistance including interpreting Laws, rules and regulations to protect and safeguard the legal and financial positions of the client
* Draft, review, modify, and negotiate construction contracts, government contracts, and contractor agreements that properly protect the client
* Advise on and resolve construction claims and disputes regarding contracts, construction defects, torts, payments, bond claims, and liens to avoid litigation and arbitration where possible
* Develop policies, processes and procedures pertaining to the Legal Affairs Department in coordination with the corporate excellence section and manage their implementation to ensure adherence and all relevant requirements are fulfilled.
* Competitive, tax- free salary
* Opportunity to contribute to exciting construction projects
* Bachelor Degree Holders: at least 8 to 10 years of experience in Commercial and Corporate law practice role.
* Post Graduate Holders: at least 7 to 8 years of experience in Commercial and Corporate Law practice field.
* Must have extensive experience in construction law (non-contentious and contentious) and FIDIC contracts.
* Previous experience within the construction practice of recognised law firm, or as in-house counsel within the real estate industry is preferable.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.