Job description / Role
Senior Legal Counsel to support the private banking/wealth management business.
* Assists the Head of Legal for the division and the business with developing and rolling out new wealth-related products and services.
* Drafts, reviews and negotiates wealth-related documents (e.g. custody agreements, platform agreements, distribution agreements, and investment documentation).
* Assists the head of the division in managing potential disputes and customer complaints in the UAE and abroad.
* Makes recommendations for improvements to policies and processes and streamlining the same to bring about efficiency and improve turn-around time.
* Private wealth/private banking/retail banking/wealth management lawyer
* Bachelor's degree in law; a Master's degree in law is preferred
* Strong English communication and drafting skills
* Ability to read, write and communicate in Arabic is beneficial but not mandatory
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in a reputed bank or law firm, with at least 2 years in a similar role
* Familiarity with wealth management products and services
* Familiarity with other retail banking products and services is beneficial but not mandatory
* Familiarity with UAE laws and regulations is preferred
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.
About the Company
Established in 1987, McGregor Boyall is a global recruitment consultancy providing permanent and contract / interim professionals across a wide variety of disciplines including Technology, Risk, Finance, Compliance, Legal, Marketing and HR & Talent Management. Since our inception, we have built an unrivalled reputation for helping organisations recruit the very best talent to ensure that they realise their business and operational objectives.
Headquartered in the city of London, and with further offices throughout the UK (Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh and Glasgow) as well as globally in Dubai and Singapore, we are able to offer recruitment solutions throughout the UK & Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific regions.