Senior Legal Manager
Job description / Role
As Senior Legal Manager, you will be the primary advisor to our client on legal and commercial issues concerning the company's business including, but not limited to, procurement and supply chain contracting, oil sales, financing, joint venture compliance and advice, government and regulatory compliance, strategy and litigation.
Major subsidiary of leading energy company based in Abu Dhabi who is quickly expanding its international reach.
* Responsible for the overall legal function, all legal matters concerning our client.
* Work closely with Leadership Team members to plan, develop and implement subsidiary's strategy and business plans.
* Lead/draft, review, negotiate, and execute commercial agreements and documentation, including procurement agreements, Requests for Proposals (RFP), lending and financing agreements, partnership agreements and purchase agreements to prevent legal liabilities while ensuring compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
* Provide sound legal advice and recommendations to assist the Senior Management on important legal matters to safeguard and protect the legal interests of the subsidiary.
* Contribute to the long-term growth and development of subsidiary by participating in A&D activities (including third party business opportunities), new development projects, etc. In that regard, takes a lead role in negotiating and drafting of relevant transaction documents.
* Ensure adherence to ethical principles, company values, code of conduct and policies.
* Identify potential legal issues associated with the subsidiary's corporate strategy and operations; assesses the impact of potential risks and provides mitigation actions where necessary
* Assign and ensure effective interfaces are in place between the Legal Department and other functions and departments of the subsidiary as well as with external legal advisors/specialists and that the provision of external legal services is managed and delivered professionally and effectively.
* Competitive, tax-free salary
* Opportunity to join one of the region's leaders in the energy sector
* Clear path for progression within the organisation.
* At Least 10 years PQE with at least major part of the time spent in an international law firm
* Significant experience of negotiating and drafting oil and gas industry contracts and agreements, including granting instruments, JOA, sales agreements, and procurement and supply chain contracts.
* Experience in corporate and company secretarial matters
* Possess an excellent understanding of the technical and commercial drivers of an oil and gas operator
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
TGC Middle East
Legal & Compliance Manager for a Legal Institution
Senior Legal Counsel - M&A and Commercial
|Abu Dhabi||17 Feb|
Legal and Compliance Counsel
Marine Legal Advisor
RTC-1 Employment Services