Job description / Role
Our client is looking for a Senior Legal Secretary to work in the finance and projects department at their international law firm in their offices in Abu Dhabi.
It’s a great place to work for an experienced Legal PA or Legal Executive Assistant, seeking to acquire new experiences and develop their career.
About the role
To take ownership for the efficient running of the team by role-modeling as an effective and responsible team member and acting as workflow supervisor where required.
• Works as part of the team to provide general secretarial and administration to the Group;
• Assists the team in providing fee earners with effective and high-quality secretarial support, enabling them to focus on
• Providing the best legal Services to clients;
• Switchboard operation, dealing with external or internal telephone calls and queries in a professional manner and taking clear and concise messages;
• Ensures clear and concise record keeping and correct filing of tasks and supporting materials (i.e. Email Instructions/discussions);
• Follows team processes and procedures when undertaking tasks;
• Responds flexibly and appropriately to fee earner requirements/needs;
• Actively participates in team meetings;
• Develops prioritisation skills;
• Demonstrates flexibility and proactively contributes to the team's success by actively seeking to improve working processes;
• Collaborates with team members on hub processes, procedures and solutions and communicates problems promptly to Team
• Seeks help or clarification and confirms understanding when uncertain about a task or when instructions are not clear
• Takes ownership and responsibility to ensure the work is undertaken in the most appropriate way to maximise efficiency;
• Actively engages with the workflow through the team inbox, directing work through it and taking appropriate work from it in Priority order;
• Coordinating internal and external client meetings and ensuring all work activities are scheduled effectively and booking
• Rooms and conference and video conference facilities and making sure that any catering and technical equipment is in place;
• Manage expectations in terms of deadlines and outcome of tasks assigned;
• Organising travel arrangements through the travel desk, booking and confirmation of reservations, flights, hotels, car
• Transfers, ordering currency and expense claims and producing detailed itineraries. Preparation of key documents including
• Visas, correspondence (including invitation letters), travel invoices, expense claims and maintenance/filing of copies;
• Understanding the firm’s document management processes. Amending and re-formatting documents when appropriate to do
• So, ensuring that completed documents are delivered accurately and to a consistently high standard;
• Organising agendas, presentations and meeting papers, including print production and timely distribution; ensuring that fee earners have all documents and adequate preparation time;
• Ensuring the timely completion of the support team's shared work, ensuring work of an appropriate level is dealt with according to priority;
• File management, including closing of files, archiving and ensuring that all relevant documents are filed electronically and paper-based, if required;
• Working towards full capability for managing and understanding of the end-to-end billing process, of standard bills, using Elite (internal financial system).
• Following the relevant procedures and prompting fee earners to complete all necessary time recording, or to enter such time recording on their behalf;
• Creating standard bills, disbursements, amending narratives as well as requesting credit notes;
• Client matter opening, client reporting and client balances processing;
• Completing financial reports where required;
• Managing group and fee earner contacts to ensure they are up to date through Interaction (CRM tool);
• Providing administrative support to fee earners with conflict searches and audit requests;
• Assisting on ad-hoc projects as and when required, for example managing bundles, assisting during team events, indexing documents, etc
• Good standard of education; a secretarial qualification is desirable
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a legal secretary or Team Administrator
• Strong verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to confidentially talk to clients of all levels
• Fast, accurate, strong audio typing experience and excellent attention to detail
• Strong organisation skills with the ability to juggle workloads and meet tight deadlines
• Skilled in using Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook), Lync - Skype for Business
• A good understanding of billing
• The ability to work independently or as part of a team and carry out all duties with total confidentiality
• Excellent diary management and telephone manner
• Document management and filing efficiently
• Fluent in English; and French and/or Arabic language skills is a bonus
About the Company
RecruitME are a specialized recruitment consultancy supplying top tier business support staff to Dubais leading multinational organizations. We carefully source, screen and select only the very best candidates to assist our clients in making easier recruitment decisions faster.
Differentiating ourselves from standard recruitment agencies our consultants have been carefully chosen for their backgrounds in business support for leading multinational organizations. Having been both the client and the candidate previously, we have an insiders understanding of the recruitment process and our clients needs.
What we do:
Specializing in business support positions we can assist in introducing a small selection of experienced administration, finance and human resource candidates with the relevant experience to benefit your business. Our careful screening process ensures that we have met with and can give a concise overview of each candidates skills and current situation before you meet them.
We pride ourselves on sending our clients only the very best available candidates in the market to ensure a simplified, hassle free and timely recruitment experience for all involved.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Legal Team Assistant - International Law Firm
|Abu Dhabi||13 Jun|
Legal Secretary / Office Assistant for a Boutique Regional Law Firm