Job description / Role
Our client is a well-known logistics company based in GCC and they are seeking out an Senior Logistics Operations Manager to manage and lead the Distribution Centre towards excellence striving for continuous improvement in the way business is done. Creating business solutions to successfully meet the requirements of the company and the client’s. Ensure proper, efficient, and maximum utilization of manpower, space, and capital goods.
Duties/functions may include but are not limited to the following:
• Making logical decisions pertaining to the day-to-day warehousing activities for the department, consulting with senior management when necessary.
• Accurate costing and communication with Finance Department about all rate changes.
• Making staffing recommendations to ensure sufficient adequately experienced people are in place to meet business objectives.
• Coordinate with authorities to ensure compliance with statutory obligations.
• Ensure housekeeping and safety standards are consistent with company policy maintaining standards appropriate to changing requirements/work practices with continuous improvement in productivity and operating costs.
• Prepare regular and timely operation reports regarding warehousing activities, expired goods, sample and promotion items, expired goods, and stock control.
• Supervise, organize, and direct warehouse staff activities. Control daily warehouse expenses.
• Monitor and assess the performance of warehouse staff, develop their training and development plans in coordination with HR department.
• Maintain up-to-date list of all company vehicles. Tracks performance of fleet i.e., cost, repair, preventive maintenance quality, unscheduled breakdowns etc. Coordinate and follow up on all vehicle services scheduling requirements with responsible departments.
• Ensure that an annual performance review is being conducted with all warehouse personnel.
• Ensure the health and safety is of paramount importance liaising with the Health and Safety team to ensure all employees operate safely and respect the health and safety regulations.
To be considered for the role, you must meet the following criteria.
• 12 years plus experience both in Warehousing and Fleet Management within GCC.
• Experience in managing the Distribution Center’s expansion plans and assets.
• Compliance with all legal requirements (Ministry of Health etc.) in the assigned Distribution Center.
• Willing to relocate in one of the GCC countries.
Candidates based in GCC and other region are welcome to apply!
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.