Job description / Role
Consulting, Financial Services, Data & Analytics, Senior Manager
Line of Service: Advisory
Industry/Sector: FS X-Sector
Specialism: Customer Strategy
Management Level: Senior Manager
Job Description & Summary
The Financial Services (FS) consulting team provides a full range of services to our Banking & Financial Services clients, including Strategy and Revenue Growth, Operational excellence, Customer/Front-Office transformation, Risk consulting, Technology enablement and Data & Analytics.
The FS Data & Analytics practice is a growing and exciting area. We are looking for someone who can support our established work and help grow our business. Someone who has a deep understanding and is passionate about data and its use to drive value for our clients, and has the people and intellectual sills to be able to communicate issues to a non-technical audience.
Our FS Data practice provides consulting services in the following areas:
•Information/Data Strategy - helping banking clients build a data strategy to enable them to better manage, control, utilize and monetize their data, including building a data architecture, the supporting business case, the transformation roadmap and getting stakeholder engagement.
•Data Management / Integration -helping clients build a data warehouse/data lake to better manage their data, including data sourcing / mapping, data modelling, master data management and data migration
•Data Quality and Governance - helping clients with managing the quality of their data and putting an effective governance mechanism around this, including data profiling, data remediation / cleansing and data quality reporting & controls
•Reporting and MI - helping clients to better utilize their data and provide the right MI and focus on the right KPI's through use of interactive dashboards and reports, including building information management workflows
•Data Analytics - helping clients to better monetize their data through the use of advanced analytics to drive deeper insights into its customers and operations. There are two main areas of focus under this area - Customer Analytics & Insight and Financial Crime Analytics
• Build the analytics business in the Middle East in the areas of:
• Customer & marketing: next best action, customer profiling, digital and social media, churn and attrition, fees and pricing optimization, customer lifetime value, marketing effectiveness etc.
• Operations: operational efficiency, productivity, branch network analysis etc.
• Financial Crime: Financial Crime risk models, AML transaction monitoring optimization, Sanctions customer screening/payment filtering optimization, Fraud detection
• Management information - business intelligence and visualization, management reporting with BI dashboards, real-time analytics dashboards, what-if analysis, data marts etc.
• Responsible for sales and delivery of analytics proposition and build the team to ensure PwC positions itself as one of the major players in the region.
• Developing innovative solutions using cutting edge technologies, structured and unstructured information.
• Working with a range of global alliance partners from the largest (Microsoft, Oracle, Google, SAS) to SMEs specializing in specific technologies or industry verticals.
• Manage sales pitches to clients and ensure growth of the analytics platform in FS
• Manage assignments including day-to-day follow up on project teams and ensuring analytics targets are met.
• In addition to the above, embed analytics proposition into other likely propositions within the financial consulting practice and ensure integrated concepts are taken to the clients and analytics capabilities are leveraged to the fullest.
• Build and enhance analytics team capabilities by always being up to date with analytics trends and understanding the impact on our clients so that you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
• Work with Partners & Directors to support internal thought leadership development on industry specific offerings.
• Develop propositions and impart this knowledge to Managers, Assistant Managers, Consultants and Senior Consultants.
• Coach and mentor junior resources around industry business drivers and Analytics technical capabilities.
• Work with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate.
• Keep up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world. Demonstrate teamwork and responsibility with the engagement team members; stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client's business; and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided.
• Whilst being an integral part of the Analytics team, you will have a great opportunity building and shaping the team, you will develop your understanding of the key themes in the market and in the region. You will work collaboratively with other Financial Services experts to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
We are looking for dynamic, flexible, proactive and hardworking experienced consultants who have a passion for shaping financial services positively in the GCC over the coming years. We have a strong pipeline of large, transformational opportunities with our clients which will provide great opportunities for all our people to step up and play significant and rewarding roles.
• Education: Master's degree in Mathematics or Statistics is a must.
• Preferable qualifications: PhD in a Mathematics related field is a plus.
• Years of Experience: 15+ years of experience in Analytics & Data mining in Financial Services field. Strong experience in Retail and Commercial banking.
• Minimum 10 years of experience within a professional services environment.
• Previous experience within the Middle East is a plus.
• In depth understanding of predictive analytics, machine learning, social network analysis and data visualization.
• Expert in mathematical modelling and using tools for data analytics and mining. Proven IT skills in analytical tools (Python, SAS, R, Tableau, Qlikview etc.)
• Excellent organizational skills, having the ability to prioritize work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
• Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), particularly ability to articulate concepts and recommendations in written form (powerpoint reports, data visualization etc.).
• The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
• Strong ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis.
• Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
• In depth financial sector acumen and the underlying market forces affecting the performance of organizations and their strategic objectives.
• Demonstrated track record in business development and sales. Should have a track record in relationship management and business development.
• Should have gained previous experience in managing staff and the ability to demonstrate leadership skills.
• Proven strong conceptualized thinking and analytical capabilities.
• Demonstrated high quality planning and execution capabilities.
Travel Requirements: Up to 60%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship? Yes
Government Clearance Required? No
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.