Job description / Role
Design – Airfield
• Manage the definition and design criteria and design of Airfield development projects ensuring that they are subjected to the required due diligence to ensure consistent quality of delivered assets with a predictable operational outcome.
• Supervise project design stage execution and provide guidance to internal and external resources involved in order to ensure optimal balance between operational integrity, capacity declarations and project expediency.
• ensure that all stakeholders are collaborating efficiently to implement the required design activity
Quality, Health, Safety, Security & Environment (QHSSE)
• Ensure compliance to all relevant QHSSE management procedures and controls within a defined area of activity so that Airports provides a safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible airport to passengers, customers, the public and staff.
• Ensure that all projects are compliant with the relevant internal and external governance. With comprehensive design stage reviews to enable stakeholder reflection and to ensure appropriate learning is incorporated into future Airfield Design Development Projects to support improved delivery and performance.
• Ensure the proactive and ongoing identification and evaluation of any project-related risks, including but not limited to safety, security, capacity, operability and sustainability concerns, that may impact or disrupt the successful implementation of Airfield Design Development projects in order to ensure that they are mitigated in an efficient and timely manner or else escalated as required.
• Continuously monitor and report to the Project Manager the progress of the Airfield Design projects against the design master plan schedule – in terms of budget, timelines, compliance, performance indicators etc
• Support in the selection of various competent outsourced service providers to ensure that
• Airports benefits from the engagement of a competitive, quality assured and performance driven supply chain focused on a mutually supportive long-term relationship. Collaborate with third parties to ensure that projects undertaken by service providers on the Airfield are conducted in line with the agreed Project
• Management Plan and GCAA approved Management of Change document.
Advisory & Stakeholder Management
• Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) and competence to internal stakeholders to aid informed technical and operational decision-making.
• Engage and manage Stakeholders at all levels to ensure that the business objectives of the Airfield projects are fully realized.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Augment and implement approved departmental policies, processes and procedures, and provide instructions to subordinates and monitor their adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner while delivering a quality service to customers and stakeholders
• Senior Manager Airfield Design to act as Design Lead on a variety of ongoing and upcoming airfield projects.
• A minimum of 8 years in depth commercial airfield experience in planning, design, procurement and construction of complex, time critical airfield infrastructure programmes of work within a regulated, operationally constrained and safety focused environment.
• At least 5 year’s project definition / formulation and design experience in an aviation / transportation development role with excellent operations, development and construction knowledge.
• Reporting to VP Design
Minimum Qualifications / Experience Degree
• Qualified to degree level, preferably a Chartered Engineer with either Chartered Institution of Building Services
• Engineers, The Institute of Engineering and Technology or the Institute of Civil Engineers.
• Post graduate or professional qualification preferably in associated design / development management field.
Professional Qualifications/Regulatory Requirements
• A Project Management qualification such as PMP or PgMT.
• Overall Experience (In Years)
• A minimum of 8 years in depth commercial airfield
• Experience in planning, design, procurement and
• Construction of complex, time critical airfield infrastructure
• Programmes of work within a regulated, operationally
• Constrained and safety focused environment.
• At least 5 year’s project definition / formulation and design
• Experience in an aviation / transportation development role
• With excellent operations, development and construction knowledge.
Skills, Experience, Qualifications:
• >10 years highway design experience(ideally urban design experience) or minimum
• >5 years Airfield Design Experience
• CAD proficient and superuser in AutoTurn (Aeroturn experience would be an advantage)
Brings his/hers own laptop with the following software installed:
• CAD Platform such as Microstation, OpenRoads or AutoCAD Autoturn
About the Company
We lead in the creation and delivery of innovative workforce solutions and services that enable our clients to win in the changing world of work.
ManpowerGroup powers the success of many of the world's most dynamic organizations. We deliver innovative workforce solutions that enhance competitiveness, increase efficiency and spur productivity. Combining global reach with local expertise - 3600 offices in over 80 countries - we know the changing world of work and bring a deep understanding of the companies we work for and the industries we service.
ManpowerGroup entered the Middle East in December 2007 after acquiring local company Clarendon Parker, thus bringing 15 years in-depth local knowledge combined with a global footprint and industry shaping expertise and thought leadership. Manpower Middle East supports clients in the Middle East and North Africa regions. Our business is aligned to key skill specializations to ensure our clients requirements are met by expert and knowledgeable consultants that understand your industry and role requirement.
Our consultants are experts in finding the right talent across all industries in a broad-range of occupations including:
- IT & Telecommunications
- Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas
- Banking, Finance & Legal
- Sales & Business Development
- Marketing, Public Relations & Communications
- Human Resources & Training
- Customer & Support Services (Secretarial and Administrative)
- Operational, Supply Chain & Logistics
- Executive Recruitment
- Emiratization Solutions
- Recruitment Program Outsourcing Solutions
- Managed Service Provider Solutions
- Talent Based Outsourcing Solutions
- Outsourced Staffing Solutions