Senior Manager, AML & CFT
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Job description / Role
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile.
The role holder is responsible for managing the Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) function as well as providing subject matter expertise to senior management and business units.
The role holder is appointed as the Bank's DMLRO and shall determine whether the escalated AML alerts and suspicious activity need to be reported to the UAE Central Bank's Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU). The role holder will also act as the main contact point for the UAE Central Bank FIU.
• Oversee the AML/ CFT risk for CBD, owning the AML/ CFT Policy and ensuring compliance with all CBUAE regulations, guidance and notices.
• As the Bank's DMLRO, the role holder will have delegated authority to sign and report Suspicious Transaction Reports (STRs) to the UAE Central Bank's Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU).
• Review the escalated alerts or suspicions transactions and determine whether they need to be reported to the UAE Central Bank's FIU.
• Manage the received responses or mandated actions from the UAE Central Bank's Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) on the STRs submitted and support the Head of Compliance with regulatory correspondence.
• Day-to-day management of the Bank's transaction monitoring system to ensure effectiveness, track AML alerts, queues or backlogs and provide the Bank's senior management with an update on the operations and effectiveness of the AML/CFT and Sanctions function.
• Oversee the investigations of the more complex investigations which may originate from Senior Management, the UAE Central Bank, the Police, Whistleblowing or from data analytics.
• Conduct periodic assessments of the Bank's transaction monitoring system to ensure its optimization (i.e. fit-for-purpose), including threshold reviews, segmentation analysis as well as scenario performance analysis.
• Manage the list of scenarios from which the system will trigger alerts to ensure that the rationale behind each rule and the governance in place around the modification of parameters is well documented and mapped against the identified inherent risks.
• Run the Transaction Monitoring Oversight Committee, prepare proposals and act as Secretariat.
• The role holder will have the rights in the AML transaction monitoring system to modify parameters and scenarios with the approval of the Head of Compliance. Any change should be properly documented in order to track modifications, record approvals and capture the corresponding rationale/logic for implementation.
• Provide advice and guidance to the AML team and business areas on AML/CFT related issues.
• Provide updates to the wider AML/CFT team on current events or regulatory changes.
• Own the AML/CFT related policies and procedures remain updated and communicated as required to all stakeholders.
• Develop and recommend controls for the identified control weaknesses or potential gaps in AML/CFT related policies and procedures.
• Support the team by reviewing suspicious cases when the volume is higher than the average or when there are staffing constraints that would limit the team's capacity.
• Provide guidance to the AML/CFT Assistant Managers, Senior Officers and Officers on their investigations.
• Define and supervise the Quality Assurance process to review closed alerts and cases on a sample basis.
• Issue client exit requests for financial crime reasons and engage with the Business to further review the escalated cases. Supervise customer exits for financial crime reasons to ensure all mandated exists are being actioned as per the Bank's internal procedures.
• Log and escalate all AML/CFT breaches or potential breaches.
• Review AML/CFT related training materials (i.e. e-learnings and face-to-face) and participate in the delivery of face-to-face trainings.
• Manage the available resources efficiently and prioritize system enhancement/upgrades.
• Bachelor's Degree as a minimum from a recognized university.
• ACAMS or ICA OR CFCS OR CRCMP is preferred.
• At least 6 years of experience in the banking/financial services sector (and three in an AML/CFT Compliance role).
• Good understanding and awareness of financial crime regulatory requirements and international best practice.
• Experience in analyzing and interpreting relevant regulations and regulatory requirements.
• Analytical and attention to detail.
• Problem identification and solving skills.
• Good written and oral communication.
• Management skills: ability to lead a team and manage performance.
• AML, CFT, ABC and Sanctions Training, Rule Management, Written Communication, Regulatory Relationship, Quality Control Analysis, Critical Thinking, Judgment and Decision Making, Complex Problem Solving, Social Perceptiveness.
• Team work skills to establish and maintain effective business relationship with key stakeholders.
• Motivated and positive. Assertive and confident.
• Strategic and innovative.
• Self-starter and independent. Showing and taking initiative.
• Team player
• Dealing with Regulators, External Auditors, Professional bodies, Law enforcement agencies, and CBD internal functions.
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Company In UAE
Associate - Compliance Screening
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB)
Customer Support Officer
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB)
|Abu Dhabi||6 Nov|
Client Management Analyst
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB)
|Abu Dhabi||7 Dec|