Job description / Role
A career within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You'll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals.
Our team helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. You'll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post tax profits, and providing application support to achieve the best corporate tax practices.
Our Company is a leading tax, accounting and consulting service provider assisting clients in the Middle East (ME) and foreign headquartered companies operating in the ME. Our clients include are from all industry sectors. The work is cutting edge tax advice; it is technically demanding and creative, and offers opportunities to assist international and ME clients navigate the most recent global and local tax developments.
We are looking for a Senior Manager / Associate Director - Tax Consultant who will relish the technical challenges in this area and enjoy the opportunities to build relationships with a wide range of clients and develop teams to support them. The role will be required to enhance and lead the Corporate Tax team and develop the tax business across the SME sector.
- You will be responsible for building close relationships with a wide range of clients and leading the Corporate Tax practice under the Accounting, Tax and Audit vertical within the firm, working as a team head to deliver the Firm's corporate tax services, including corporate tax advisory, tax planning and assessment, and providing guidance and recommendations.
- The role also entails managing a portfolio of clients, handling and dealing with their corporate tax requirements, updates and other corporate tax related matters, holding discussions with regulators to negotiate disputes/ rulings and interpretation of tax provisions, as well as being involved in tax accounting.
- As a Senior Manager / Associate Director you will have a key role in the delivery of your engagements and coaching/guiding team members on projects, assignments and client interactions.
- The client work is stimulating and rarely routine. It offers opportunities to help solve the tax and business issues of companies and be a leading adviser on the latest tax developments. The work is wide-ranging including modelling the impact of legislative changes, advising on associated corporate and operational restructuring, as well as supporting clients to address the business and tax technical impact of such changes internally.
- The team will provide you with the opportunity to put into practice your tax technical skills in a stimulating and challenging environment, working alongside a group of talented individuals to support you.
- You will benefit from a progressive environment where you will be encouraged to develop client relationships and other soft skills in addition to technical expertise.
- You will also be required to build the corporate tax practice and generate new business in this area with the support of our wider marketing and business development team.
- There will also be opportunities to develop deeper knowledge in particular areas of interest such as international structuring, advising on operating models, or certain industry sectors.
- The role will be both varied and challenging and will provide significant opportunities to develop your career. As a Senior Manager / Associate Director you will have the opportunity to work with and learn from experienced Associate Directors, Directors and Partners on your client teams, including some of the best known practitioners in their fields. In addition, you will have a 'Career Path Roadmap' developed that will help with your career, well-being and development.
In terms of wider development opportunities, you will have the opportunity to progress your career in the Firm through gaining wide-ranging experience across industries and locations and by growing the corporate tax business. Being a specialist accounting, tax, auditing and consulting organisation we are able to offer staff the opportunity to work on a variety of engagements and cross functional projects. There will also be opportunities to go on international engagements.
AED 15,000 to 18,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
- You will have gained significant corporate tax advisory experience, ideally pertaining to multi-jurisdictional businesses.
- Ideally you will also have experience of tax reporting, tax accounting and/or tax audit.
- You will need strong analytical skills, commercial awareness and a flexible approach, combined with the ability to work as part of a number of client teams simultaneously.
- You will have experience of developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and internal stakeholders and developing new business.
- You will have experience of project managing and delegating work within a team context.
- You will have excellent business writing, report writing, proposal building, presentation and Excel skills.
- You will have a focus on self-development and on the development of those working with you.
- You will have at least 10 years of relevant work experience.
- A professional (tax or accounting) qualification (e.g. ACA, CTA, ADIT, ACCA or equivalent) is preferred.
- Writing, reporting, analytical, modelling and presentation skills are essential, as well as management, coordination, coaching and business development skills
- Entrepreneurial skills, cross selling and business development
About the Company
AKW Consultants is a group of specialist firms, headquartered in Dubai, UAE operating through multiple trade licences as required for various activities by the Dubai Economic Department.
The team comprises of qualified Chartered Accountants, ex-Bankers, Project Managers, Compliance Experts, HR & Strategy Consultants, Legal and Tax professionals specializing in the areas of Audit & Assurance, Tax Advisory, Financial Accounting, Transaction Advisory, Compliance, Risk & Governance, and Human Resource & Process Streamlining Strategy Consulting
AKW Tax Reclaim Accounting and Consulting is an integrated and independent assurance, tax and advisory firm that provides meaningful advice and services to the UAE's leading organisations, Small and Medium Enterprises and fastest-growing businesses.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Assistant Manager - Audit & Assurance
Accounting & Financial Control Tax Specialist
Budgeting & Reporting Manager
|Ras Al Khaimah||19 Sep|