Job description / Role
At DarkMatter, we are building an organisation of specialists to provide the ultimate integrated cyber security protection available. Whatever the scope, scale or sensitivity of our clients' work, we'll assess their risks, resolve their vulnerabilities and always keep them ahead of the threat, offering them the best possible products and solutions.
The Trust Services organization manages all tasks related to CA operations, all from maintaining the technical infrastructure to receiving and processing of certificate requests. As a part of the organization, the Support team is responsible for all technical support to external or internal customers, will help the users on topics such as how to install a certificate, how to generate a CSR for a webserver, how to deploy certificates in various applications and will also help the customers in the process of how to order a certificate and give suggestions on what type of certificate to use.
The position is responsible to contribute to the strategy and innovation of a high availability secure DM PKI environment in support of Root CA and subordinate CAs, through the effective provision of PKI environment. Includes CA services, processes, policies, and standards for DM NPKI.
In this role, you will
- Develop the short term and long-term strategy and innovative solution for NPKI CA System, based on relevant PKI policies and Department objectives
- Monitor implementation of strategy through pre-defined performance metrics in order to enhance the Information Security of the NPKI Department
- Maintain a close awareness of best practices and industry standards in Information Technology and help to develop PKI services standards towards these benchmarks
- Ensure CA platform availability by implementing and maintaining critical CA software, hardware and infrastructure and ensuring security controls for the access, configuration, and maintenance of platform components are implemented and followed
- Oversee the operation, maintenance and access of CA appliances including Hardware Security Modules as part of the CA Platform, including backup and DR functions
- Develop strategy for NPKI DM International offering
- Oversee the operation, maintenance and access of RA appliances including Hardware Security Modules as part of the CA Platform, including backup and DR functions
- Oversee the operation, maintenance and access of VA appliances including Hardware Security Modules as part of the CA Platform, including backup and DR functions
- Manage the syslog system, including archive and backup
- Triage potential security incidents, supervise the resolution of incidents including working with internal and external auditors and other DM staff
- Lead discussions to define operational policies and procedures with internal and external clients that are in keeping with DM PKI protocols and DM Strategy
- Supervise implementation and adherence to agreed procedures to create a secure environment from a PKI CA services perspective
- Implement and enforce an IT security framework for PKI CA Platform and related applications
- Utilize existing NPKI budgets for security solutions in an efficient manner to minimize costs
- Forecast NPKI financial requirements to support the Department leadership in finalizing future budgets
- Allocate financial resources to various tasks and projects to meet the strategic requirements
- Work with the Department leadership to oversee workload, conduct performance evaluations and sign off on reward, recognition and career guidance along with necessary disciplinary actions as appropriate
- Enables and provides means for team development including leadership, coaching and mentoring
- Ensure well developed and diverse successors are in place
- Ensure the highest ethical standards are maintained when communicating with NPKI Clients
- Keep the clients' interests in mind in all communications medium
- Ensure Client focus innovation on new applications and services
To bring your dream to life, you'll need
- As a minimum, a Bachelor Degree in IT/ IS/Computer Science
- MBA with a major in Information Technology preferred; Recognized certifications such as CISSP etc. also preferred
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant experience in PKI or CA administration role
- Minimum 4+ Years of experience in a leadership role
- The job holder requires strong customer service, project management and communication skills. Good working knowledge of
- PKI, Networking and Security Concepts, IT Governance, Risk and Compliance and Enterprise applications is required
- Manage and execute PKI Ceremonies and ensure the Certification Authority operators follows WebTrust and other PKI guidelines/audit requirements
- Troubleshoot errors and issues within CA certificate/CRL issuance,
- Experience with creation of CA Certificates, Certificate Profiles, CRLs, OCSP responder, CT Logs
- Practical knowledge of ASN.1, OpenSSL, PEM/DER, PKCS (7/11/12)
- Understanding of certificate usage within TLS, S/MIME, Code Signing, IPSec.
- Understanding of CA/Browser Forum guidelines
- A desire to innovate in the UAE
Working in Abu Dhabi
At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working in the DarkMatter Group. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.