Senior Manager - Compensation
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
To act as a functional lead to design, develop, and implement Compensation related policies, ensuring attraction and retention of employees with a focus on financial sustainability. Collaborates to maintain and update all policies whilst ensuring alignment between Company policy and UAE/international regulations.
- Lead the service delivery of Compensation programmes globally, e.g. fixed, variable, etc.
- Support with executive compensation issues, working together with Director, Total Rewards & Policies. This would include drafting and communicating complex offers to candidates.
- Review, develop and standardize variable pay plans globally, working in conjunction with Director, Total Rewards & Policies, key stakeholders and HR
- Streamline the performance management process, ensuring that it ties in closely with salary review and incentive payments
- Generate and analyse compensation and market data for benchmarking purposes
- Monitor, track and investigate reward management issues/trends and proactively propose appropriate value added improvements/innovations
- Develop and actively manage relationships with third party providers with regard to various services such as salary surveys, tax advisory work and compliance in all jurisdictions; with the objective of maximising the quality of service whilst minimising the cost
- Educate HR and line managers in Compensation philosophy to enable them to effectively manage compensation at a team and individual level and in turn communicate the company's philosophy to their employees.
- Manage the Compensation team in all respects, e.g. recruitment, induction, performance appraisal, development, talent management, etc.
- Undertake ad-hoc project work as required
- Engage with senior management across the Company and arrange regular meetings with them in order to hear the 'Voice of the Customer' and ensure that there is alignment and collaboration with HR resources of the concerned territories.
- Work closely with members of the Total Rewards & Policies team
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree within a relevant discipline (preferable Mathematics, Statistics, etc.) and a Total Rewards/HR professional certification preferred.
- Expert in compensation, benefits and international policies with 10-15 years' experience of which time was within in a consulting, aviation and/or global organisation, with exposure/work in different geographies.
About the Company
Etihad Airways is the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. The airline was set up by a Royal Decree in July 2003, with Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, as its hub. Etihad started commercial operations in November 2003.
With Etihad, everyone who flies with us is welcomed as our guest.
This simple credo illuminates everything we do, from big things like making sure that our fleet is one of the most advanced in the sky, to small touches like letting you choose the films you watch.
Were proud to be the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. At the crossroads between Europe and Asia, our home reflects our commitment to bringing the world closer together - as does our highly cosmopolitan staff.