Job description / Role
Consulting, Finance Function (with Financial Services industry focus) - Senior Manager (Dubai)
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
In Consulting, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the best across industry and professional functional advisory services. We focus on helping solve client problems by offering both strategic and operational deep industry expertise. We pride ourselves on building long-lasting relationships with companies and organizations, always ensuring that we are able to bring the best insights and solutions to help them tackle whatever critical issues they may face. Our Consulting practice currently focuses on several core sectors including Consumer and Industrial Products & Services, Energy, Utilities & Mining, Financial Services, Government, Health Industries, supported by competencies like, Finance Function Effectiveness, People and Organisations and Technology.
Within Consulting, you will be working with Finance Function Effectiveness competency, which provides advisory services focused on CFO agenda like
- Finance operating model and finance transformation
- Strategic planning, financial planning, budgeting and reporting
- Corporate treasury and cash management
- Public Financial Management, including Treasury Single Account, GFMIS and Cash2Accrual
- Effective financial control, reporting and consolidation
- Shared services finance and transactional efficiencies
- Robotic Process Automation
- Costing and Cost Optimization Opportunities
- Leveraging Cloud / On Premise ERP, Treasury, EPM and Digital technologies
- Supporting adoption of new accounting standards (eg. IFRS)
Financial Services Industry Sector Alignment
We expect you to have a thorough understanding of Financial Services industry trends and how it impacts finance function. In particular, we would like you to bring in depth understanding of the following:
- FS Products and Services
- Knowledge of CRM / Order Management to Provisioning to Billing and its integration with Revenue Accounting in context of IFRS15
- Knowledge of FP&A processes and key drivers for Planning / Budgeting and Forecasting
- Business Finance roles like development of business cases
- Revenue assurance and Billing assurance
- Costing in Financial Services sector (fully allocated costing, marginal costing, economic costing and regulatory costing)
- Knowledge of and overall trends in operational finance and how digital is driving changes to operation finance
- Expertise in and experience in Financial Services consulting is mandatory.
- Fluency in English is essential and Bilingual skills in Arabic language is preferred.
- You will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. You will be able to manage multiple work-streams in parallel and full projects, whilst demonstrating strong leadership skills to engage diverse internal and external stakeholders and manage a high-performing team.
- Client-focused approach.
- Self-motivated and confident, with a strong work ethic.
- Interest and passion for developing, growing and leading a team through coaching and mentoring, as well as proactive knowledge sharing.
- Experience of driving and reporting on progress of large transformation projects.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritize workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven IT skills in the following programs Microsoft Project, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project requirement dictate.
Minimum years experience required
- 8-12 years of relevant experience in a similar role, out of which a minimum of 5 years must be within consulting focus on finance transformation and broader finance consulting.
Additional application instructions
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant subject such as Finance, Accounting and a professional certification like ACCA, CA, CPA, CIMA or CMA; OR MBA or Masters in Finance, with or without professional certification.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.