Job description / Role
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile.
Safeguard the organisation's financial stability by ensuring that Credit Risk management policies and procedures are being adhered to through assurance reviews.
- Design the Credit Risk Assurance review process and propose a terms of reference
- Develop and manage relationships with senior management, colleagues and relevant external parties to discuss current and future issues and ensure their requirements and concerns are addressed in the annual coverage plan proposal.
- Prepare the annual coverage and monitoring plan, to be able to give CRO the assurance that Wholesale credit risk taking is aligned to policy and prevailing regulation.
- Manage and undertake assurance reviews in accordance to plan and on an ad hoc basis as required of end-to-end Wholesale Credit Risk taking activity to assess adherence with policies and procedures and the adequacy and effectiveness of controls, systems, processes and procedures, highlight areas of concern and make recommendations for improvements.
- Review large, complex and/or high-risk credit proposals during the credit sanctioning process to ensure credit proposals adhere to policy requirements on an ongoing basis.
- Conduct thematic reviews, in line with plan or on an ad hoc basis, covering various credit risk management activities such as excess reporting, collateral valuation, documentation.
- Produce reports and provide updates to management detailing the findings of reviews
- Advise and support management at all levels in the understanding of where corrective action needs to be taken in order to protect the Bank.
- Recommend changes to policies, systems, processes and working practices in order to achieve operational improvement.
- Confirm that outstanding issues identified during the assurance reviews are logged in the GRC repository, and followed up and resolved within agreed timeframes, ensuring that risks are effectively managed in accordance with all relevant procedures, policies and regulations.
- In collaboration with Operational Risk and Credit Origination, Sanctioning, and Administration ensure robust RCSAs are completed, KRIs identified and reported and control testing undertaken.
- Manage, motivate and develop team members as required, so that their individual and collective performance is of the required standard and meets the current and future needs of the business.
- Collaboration with internal audit teams to assess the effectiveness of credit risk management controls and procedures.
- 15 + years' experience including experience in a Credit sanctioning and / or origination role as well as leadership experience in a Credit Review or Credit Audit capacity
- Strong understanding of wholesale credit risk in a banking environment and the associated processes including ratings, and operational activities.
- Financial Professional qualification relevant to the role.
- Strong understanding of banking concepts and procedures.
- A good knowledge of internal and external risk factors is important.
- Liaising with internal stakeholder in Business, Credit, Risk, Finance, Operations. Internal Audit. and also with external stakeholders such as External Audit, Consultants and Regulators.
- Has close working relationship with Head of Risk Governance, Chief Risk Officer, Chief Internal Audit Officer and relevant senior management across business, credit finance, operations.
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.