Job description / Role
Whether facing acts of fraud, government investigations, regulatory enquiries, major litigation or transactional disputes, clients turn to Forensic & Integrity Services for assistance. This practice provides proactive and reactive services to address organizations' risks related to fraud, bribery and corruption.
The team includes forensic accountants and technologists, certified fraud examiners, anti-corruption professionals and money laundering and sanctions investigators. They work with our clients' legal counsel (internal or external), compliance and internal audit departments to investigate complex issues and address operational challenges. The business focuses on G360 clients in highly regulated industry sectors, including Financial Services, Life Sciences, Oil & Gas, Telecommunications and Construction & Infrastructure.
As a Forensic & Integrity Services Senior Manager, you’ll build valued relationships with external clients and internal peers and develop a portfolio of projects by focusing on high value opportunities. You’ll lead presentations and proposals for complex projects or elements of highly complex projects, and provide subject matter insight to bids and proposals. Drawing on your skills and experience, you’ll create innovative commercial insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs, and contribute to thought leadership.
Your key responsibilities
• As a Senior Manager in the Forensics team, you are required to lead and grow a team and to provide strategic sourcing services related to regulatory compliance, Financial Crime Compliance (FCC), corporate governance, fraud risk assessments, enterprise risk management, internal controls to our clients.
• You are also required to assist organizations to maintain effective and efficient controls, in order to manage organizational and strategic risks.
• You’ll package overall project findings into clear, concise, high-quality work products and act as a subject matter resource, leveraging knowledge and experience to shape services to client problems. Driving improvements in business processes, you’ll serve as a role model for Quality & Risk Management and make sure that project teams understand and comply with our Q&RM guidelines.
As a respected senior professional you’ll communicate effectively with EY engagement partners and staff to build, manage and motivate high-performing teams, and help key staff to build sustainable competencies.
To qualify for the role you must have
• 9+ years relevant Financial Crime Compliance (AML/ CFT, Sanctions, Anti-Bribery & Corruption and Fraud) risk management, compliance experience in banking and/or in a big public accounting firm; 5 – 8 years relevant Financial Crime Compliance risk management, compliance experience in banking and/or in a big public accounting firm
• At least 5 years' experience in delivery of FCC-related technology projects, such as payments screening, transaction monitoring, &/or customer risk rating systems preferably at a large/ complex financial institution.
• Strong understanding of expectations of regulators and international organisations such as FATF
• Knowledge and experience of working in MENA region is a plus
• Knowledge of the global risk and regulatory environment, especially developments in the FCC space
• Graduate degree in law, finance or commerce preferred. Post-graduate qualifications in AML/ CFT, commerce
• Industry related certification (e.g., CAMS or ICA diploma in AML)
Ideally you’ll also have
• Post-graduate qualifications in AML/CFT or professional/technical qualifications in risk management
• Experience with the design, development and implementation of internal controls for financial services business processes, especially in FCC framework and strategy preferred
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What working at EY offers
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region