Job description / Role
The jobholder is responsible for providing direction and leadership to all the direct sales staff (RO, SRO, TLs) for the purpose of driving business performance through the achievement of required sales targets. Responsible for development of distribution of asset and liability products in line with Business Banking strategy to enable the achievement of customer acquisition, market share and revenue targets.
- Drive sales of BB asset, liability and any fee based products including (but not limited to) Cash loans, Point of Sale Loans, working capital loans, property backed loans, business account, FDs etc. to ensure that budgeted financial targets in terms of revenue and book growth are met.
- Review all asset cases prior to recommending them to credit. Discuss with internal stake holders on cases and ensure only quality proposals are sourced and booked.
- Cross sell other Banking products to comprehensively meet client needs as well as widen the Bank's income streams.
- Identify trends and business opportunities and recommend updates/changes to enhance competitive positioning in the market.
- Perform the required analysis and verify all sales reports (daily, weekly and monthly) that drive activity and performance.
- Provide senior management with recommendations that will drive improved sales performance and address sales issues.
- Manages the annual budget for the unit and reporting region wise team leaders in conjunction with Business Banking budget and secures subsequent approval, tracks expenditure and ensures adherence to budget.
- Ensures all Business Banking Distribution sales team are driven / motivated to exceed the sales budgets through the daily monitoring of sales activity and driving more opportunities for the sales staff to target the selected customers
- Ensures compliance with regulatory related to Business Banking products.
- Liaises with Products, Credit Risk & Collection Departments for coordinating all matters pertaining to establishments of guidelines governing Business Banking sales channels.
- Define the operating framework and policies for Business Banking Distribution Unit and ensures compliance with internal quality standards
- Develops talent within the team by providing guidance and coaching to achieve the defined goals.
- Resolve all issues and concerns related to low productivity and low sales performance (manage poor performers up or out) in accordance with Sales Performance Management policy to help develop a high performance culture.
- Ensure all staff are appropriately trained and comply with the yearly calendar training programs set by the Bank and by Business Banking Products Team.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- Master degree in business administration or finance or equivalent is preferred
- 8-12 years in banking experience with a proven track record in SME and Business Banking sales management.
- Strong product knowledge of asset and liability products catering to SMEs.
- Good verbal and written command of the English Language (Preferably bilingual in spoken Arabic and English.)
- Strong Sales Skills
- Strong Sales management and motivational skills
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Corporate Relationship Manager
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC)