Job description / Role
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
• Manage the portfolio’s preventative and reactive maintenance requirements efficiently ensuring the agreed standard of service in the agreed timeframe.
• Lead and manage the function’s resources in line with approved strategies and budgets.
• Manage and supervise the performance / activities of the internal facility management team and/or outsourced team (if applicable).
• Manage the performance of all Annual Maintenance Contractors (AMC’s).
• Manage the format, compilation and submittal of comprehensive monthly reports across all properties.
• Manage the procurement of all third-party services in line with the Procurement Strategy ensuring via competitive tendering.
• Set up policies and procedures for the Department as well as SOPs, SLAs and KPIs.
• Collect and approve all third-party providers documentation including certifications / licenses / insurances / SOP’s / Operation Plans etc.
• Manage operational risk and building risk via annual assessment and monthly follow up / reporting.
• Report weekly property inspections / monthly safety inspections for all properties.
• Conduct periodic performance management of staff under his / her supervision and develop their performance to ensure they are effectively utilized.
• Advise Executive Management on the progress of all work under his / her control.
• Ensure the availability of required resources to carry out all the tasks related to the function.
• Ensure that all administration / document control procedures, departmental policies and procedures are documented, communicated and adhered to.
• Ensure that all the technology/logistical needs are identified to support efficient and cost-effective delivery of activities and key processes.
• Ensure that communication / reporting to on operations is met and SLA’s / KPI’s adhered to.
• Review overall maintenance, cleaning and security operational planning and ensure all plant and other assets are always maintained in a good condition with adequate maintenance planning and a high standard of service being administered.
• Audit all vendor documentation, permits and legislative certifications.
• Where applicable prepare tender documentation for Facility Management contract and/or other specialist services include scope, service level agreements (SLA’s) measurable key performance indicators (KPI’s), reporting structure, terms and conditions etc. Receive tender bids, analyze and make recommendations to executive management.
• Manage a robust performance management tool for the inspection and scoring of all third-party specialist contractors including AMC’s.
• Prepare ENI contractor manual, identifying rules and regulations for contractors to follow when working in any ENI owned property.
• Review Scope & Method Statements for all contractual works and ensure that all contractors on site are aware of ENI rules and regulations.
• Coordinate where necessary with any government authorities regarding:
Permitting, licensing, Utilities, Infrastructure systems (sewerage, potable water, electrical and drainage, district chilling)
• Prepare and review building environmental plans as applicable. Plans to include energy monitoring / saving and use of sustainable products within operations.
HEALTH & SAFETY
• Manage the Health & Safety issues in relation to the facility management including:
• Security Management Plan
• Risk Assessments
• Hot, Hazardous & General Work Permitting
• Building Emergency Response Plan / Evacuation Plan
• Incident / Accident Reporting
• Cover any Owners obligations as per the UAE fire safety code both in terms of building operations and fit outs. Building operations to include all fire detection and protection systems, emergency lighting, generators etc are maintained in accordance to UAE fire safety code. Fit out supervision should ensure all fit out procedures are followed, and installations are to agreed standards.
• Ensure all insurance coverage necessary for the FM operations are in place and managed on time.
• Advise Director of Property & Asset Management / Owners regarding operational costs for budgeting purposes. This should include lifecycle costing and CAPEX.
• Ensure expenditure is within budget within all budget categories across all buildings.
• Ensure proper inspection is carried out on all completed works before certifying invoices for payment.
HANDOVER OF BUILDINGS AND UNITS.
• During building handover witness testing and commissioning (non-technical), manage meter reading, receipt of documentation / drawings and training.
• Ensure asset lists compiling, PPM schedules and legislative requirements are actioned.
• Assist with snagging and follow reporting process of building and units.
• Assist with Defects Liability Period (DLP) procedure for registering building / unit defects and follow up.
• Ensure appropriate staff responsible for on-going operations are trained properly on all systems.
• Train and manage all operatives on the various property systems.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
• BSc Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institute.
• 15+ Years of facility management experience in a mixed portfolio consisting of multiple building uses i.e residential / commercial / retail and industrial including high rise projects.
• Experience should include handover experience covering systems training, snagging and DLP period
• Experience should include financial accountability of the department / company including annual budgeting, business planning and financial reporting.
• Commercial experience in contract negotiation
• Tender experience to include RFP preparation, pre-qualification process, tender preparation/analysis and recommendation
• Must meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
Preferred Qualification / Experience:
• Project management experience at Corporate Level.
• A qualified member of an International Facilities Management body.
• Must be able to travel
• Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
• High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
About the Company
Emirates National Investment (ENI) is a diverse regional development group with a wide range investment portfolio that includes real estate, construction, industry and fast moving consumer goods (FMCG).
Since establishment in 1999, ENI maintained a track record of double-digit annual growth rates through adhering to a sustainable long-term development strategy and the commitment to integrity, professionalism and innovation.
With selected teams of experienced professionals, ENI was able to capitalize on deep market knowledge and an international network of strategic partnerships to bridge the elements of ingenuity and innovation and to generate its unique business model in the United Arab Emirates, Gulf Cooperation Council, and the Middle East and North Africa region.
Through better understanding of the culture and the contribution to development plans of the countries where it operates, ENI maintains an excellent reputation as one of the leading and most trusted investment partners in the region, with the ability to identify and timely engage in high-growth sectors yielding generous rewards to its stakeholders and adding positive elements to the ambitious economic development plans.
Such solid foundations and sound business strategy guarantee the group excellent prospects in the future, whereas the quality and scale of ENI’s accomplishments will remain evidence to its commitment, efficiency and world-class standards.