Job description / Role
Play a role defining the evolution of financial crimes compliance while helping financial institutions combat global illicit finance. Join our industry-defining team of professionals focused on anti-money laundering, sanctions compliance, counter-terrorist financing, anti-bribery and corruption, and financial intelligence matters. We use unparalleled insights into financial crimes issues, gained through work with diversified financial institutions, to rebuild compliance programs, implement critical enhancements, and respond to regulatory attention. Your role will be to lead teams of various sizes to bring exceptional quality deliverables to our clients, develop new service offerings, and drive thought leadership using your insights about the financial crimes compliance industry.
You’ll become a key member of our team, which includes career consultants, former industry professionals, veterans, regulators, governmental officials, intelligence analysts, and technology advisors. We’re committed to providing meaningful development to help further build your leadership skills to help you meet your professional goals.
Your key responsibilities
• Leading teams, often across two or more clients, industry types, and engagement sizes, to consistently deliver high quality work products within expected timeframes and budget.
• Often acting as the senior-most EY professional on client engagements, including by closely monitoring progress, managing risks and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed on progress and outcomes.
• Generating new business opportunities by building and growing relationships with financial institution clients and throughout the financial crimes compliance industry.
• Bringing innovative solutions to difficult business development and client engagement challenges.
• Motivating large teams of more-junior resources and inspiring them to deliver beyond their anticipated level of performance and experience level.
• Fostering a professional environment which distinguishes EY from competitors and leads junior resources to build lasting careers with the firm.
• Developing thought leadership and new service offerings, including by being able to analyze key aspects of industry trends, anti-money laundering, sanctions, anti-bribery and corruption, and other financial crimes regulations.
To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelor’s degree and around 8 years of work experience with financial crimes issues from industry, consulting, or government or a graduate degree and 7 years of related work experience.
• This must include previous experience with transaction monitoring
• Know You Customer regulations, sanctions screening, and other key aspects of financial crimes compliance.
• A degree in political science, economics, finance, accounting, business, or a related discipline.
• Exceptional communication skills demonstrated through effective writing and presentations to clients and internal stakeholders.
• Effective leadership, project management, and engagement risk management.
• A deep understanding of financial products and services related to depository institutions, wholesale banking, insurance, asset management, securities, financial technology, and private equity.
• A willingness to travel up to 100% to meet client needs.
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Prior experience in consulting is highly preferred, but not required.
• Previous experience presenting at industry conference and/or publishing thought leadership articles in financial crimes compliance industry journals
• Demonstrated experience developing new business development opportunities and revenue streams for similar organizations.
What we look for
You will be viewed internally within EY and externally with our clients as a strong manager of engagement teams, thought leader in the financial crimes compliance industry, and demonstrate a commitment to developing your teams. You will quickly juggle multiple responsibilities, including delivery of exceptional quality work to our clients, managing teams, providing coaching and mentorship to junior colleagues, leading client development activities, and taking part in internal firm development, including recruiting, training, and other initiatives. You’ll be adept at sharing technical knowledge across a variety of anti-money laundering, sanctions, and other financial crimes related topics, drawn from experience, industry study, and a natural curiosity to constantly expand and evolve their personal skillsets.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
Development, support, coaching and feedback in a teaming environment
Opportunity to continue to create marketable, desired skills and progress your career through EY’s engagement experiences and training and development programs.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region