Senior Manager / Head of Branch Operations and Transformation
Job description / Role
This role is responsible to manage CBD's Branch and Self Service (ATM, CDM, and SCDM) network and measures these channels' performances based on defined KPIs. The role will be focused on streaming process & policies and being change lead to shift transaction volumes towards digital platforms.
• Managing Branch & Distribution processes & governance:
• Constantly review Branch Network and provide broader analytical expertise to support key strategic initiatives related to retail distribution, investments, and decisions on locations.
• Create and develop effective operating model through proper and comprehensive study on branch categorization and determine the right resources and structure.
• Develop requirements for a minimum viable Branch Distribution service model by geography, segment and Branch size for all Businesses.
• Implement new points of representation, close non-viable points of physical distribution, relocation, reconfiguration and refreshed alignments across the physical networks over a 4-year timeframe.
• Responsible for HC capacity planning of the Branch Distribution network.
• In conjunction with Marketing & Admin Department, implement the physical rebranding of Branch Network.
• Implement approved branch effectiveness modelling strategy (a sub-element of the overall network strategy document).
• Take optimization actions for branch channel to create more profitable channel.
• Continuously monitor the existing branch channel and take required actions based on monthly transaction and cost reports.
• As the single point of contact, maintain ownership of Business Continuity Planning for the entire PBG S&D network with authority to enforce, track and manage the BCP 24x7x365.
• Work closely with Head of Distribution, head of premises & projects, Product, Digital team and CXCG.
• Manage Internal Control Managers, counter Service Managers and counter service specialists to enforce policy maintaining effective internal control environment.
• Responsible for working with management to identify opportunities for improvement, measure and analyze current business processes and redesign processes to meet needs of new digital business model.
• Coordinate all projects related to digitizing front-end channels and ensure smooth roll-out and highest user adoption.
• Design, develop, coordinate, and implement strategies to drive branch network, ATM, CCDM, ITM (Interactive Teller Machine), TCR (Teller Cash Recycler), slim line, instant statement and letter printings machine, Coin Module, and BRM (Bulk Cash Recycler).
• Ensure transaction migration through digitizing processes.
• Business process re-engineering to identify issues and implement innovative structured solutions.
• Work closely on cross-functional strategic initiatives on cost optimization and process improvement which often require high levels of functional integration & program management
• Provide analytical data to higher management, monitor customer footfall & measure the cost benefit analysis on migration to digital channels.
• Interact with cross-functional department and external vendors to ensure problem free set-up operations and superior service delivery.
• Responsible for data gathering and analysis for the RCSA (Risk Control Self-Assessment).
• Monitor major changes in business, process and systems and provide guidance and support to internal stakeholders. Ensure timely updating of controls documentation.
• Design internal control framework within organization.
• Monitor operations and controls Business Dash Boards.
• Identify and document key controls within each key process of major functions / stream to ensure risk / negative exposures can be properly controlled.
• Evaluate on a periodic basis effectiveness of key controls via testing or other methods.
• Provide observation and recommendation to various control owners for improving control and follow up within reasonable timeframe.
• Co-ordinate with functional teams for necessary training to staff for purpose of improving control adherence.
• Design and prepare semiannual "Branch Audit Plan" by applying risk-based approach to ensure organization complies with internal regulations / policies and established protocols.
• Develop and maintain internal audit procedures to ensure that best practice is taken account of and that audit address specific areas of risk management.
• Undertake approved internal review plan in line with agreed procedures liaising with all parties.
• Presents summarized findings concerning audit results and trends for senior management.
• Resolved issues and recommended actions plans based on Fraud, Audit and Compliance reports.
• Promoted and led performance enhancement culture by actively coaching and mentoring direct and dotted line reports.
• Manage various projects & participate in banking innovation summits.
Branch Sales Support:
• Responsible for tracking and reporting all sales-related performance measurement for Branches
• Responsible for work together with STAR Team to review the Branch roles incentives.
• Manage all sales-related customer complaints with branches which are reported by Customer Experience Team.
• Support Product Control and Governance team on all policies and procedures for all Branch -related processes.
• Represent Branch & ATM for all customer-centric transformational projects.
• Develop and manage all analytics and reporting of Sales performance for Branch.
• Keep abreast of competitor activity / developments in the wider banking / property industry. The role will analyse and track key trends & consumer changes, impacting the role of the branch today & in the future.
• Develop business analytics database and perform analyses on business performance so as to propose action plans for enhancing network productivity, efficiency and service capacity.
• Provide analytical insight on key footprint issues, ensuring the provision of information, which meets internal customer needs and supports identification of business opportunities for the Bank.
• Prepare analytical business reports to facilitate management decisions.
• Implement and manage Scorecards (for Mid-Year and Year End Reviews) for all branch roles
• Oversee and manage the departmental budget in line with CBD's strategic priorities
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• At least 10 years of Banking experience with specialized experience in Strategic Planning, Branch Banking, Customer service, Service Quality, Business Process Improvement, Self Service Channels such as ATM, Kiosks etc.
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.