Job description / Role
During your tenure as a Manager/Senior Manager in Strategy, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
• Defines how the engagement should impact broader business objectives and creates a team environment that builds accountability for and commitment to meeting engagement objectives.
• Lead projects and provide strategic direction across the account to deliver a superior client experience.
• Builds deep sector expertise and manages engagements across accounts within the Industrial Goods/Energy sector.
• Leads initiatives to develop and market intellectual capital in the chosen sector.
• Recommends new and innovative approaches to analyzing data and solving problems to help draw meaningful conclusions.
• Develops new ideas that challenge conventional thinking and recognizes opportunities where others may not.
• Focuses client on value-generating initiatives to accelerate the pace of change; identifies metrics to monitor and analyze performance against corporate goals.
• Stays current with a client’s business and financial situation and understands the financial impacts of proposed solutions.
• Manages and advances relationships with clients beyond immediate engagement needs and serves as a trusted advisor, setting aside personal agenda to strengthen interactions with clients.
• Takes control of challenging situations and diffuses escalated situations calmly by controlling own emotions and recognizing emotions in others.
• Participates and leads aspects of the proposal development process; assembles a pursuit team with the necessary skillset and knowledge needed to prepare sales materials.
• Adopt a global approach to networking, building eminence and assembling teams to best serve clients.
• Articulate an informed opinion on leading-edge technologies and how they affect emerging business models in the domain area.
• Defines the actions needed and provides direction at the corporate, divisional and functional levels to accomplish a client’s long term objectives.
• Anticipates challenges to strategy implementation and proactively develops plans to mitigate risks.
• Leverages industry trends to advise clients on how to create sustainable sources of advantage and differentiate their value proposition for future business growth, positioning them for long term competitiveness.
• Brings deep insights across clients and sectors to drive a client’s strategic choices around where to play, how to win, and how to configure the business to establish sustainable advantage and market position.
We are looking for candidates who excel at solving problems that require logical reasoning, creative thinking, strong analytics, and the ability to untangle complex issues. Successful candidates will possess the following attributes:
• Exceptional problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated leadership ability and experience
• Superb communication skills and the ability to quickly build executive-level relationships
• Strong personal drive and motivation
• Commitment to client outcomes
• Creativity and innovative thinking
The ideal candidate will have the following profile:
• Bachelor’s Degree is required.
• MBA, MPA, or another relevant graduate degree from a leading institution is preferred.
• Ability to travel extensively, and on a weekly basis, is required.
• Typically a minimum 6-8 years of relevant work experience is required.
• Past experience in strategy consulting for Energy/Industrial Goods sector clients is required.
• Following competencies in one or more of the following areas are required: Strategy Formulation & Planning, Performance Improvement, Funding Strategy, Learning, and Human Capability Development.
• Language Requirements: English (Required); Arabic is preferred but not required.
About the Company
New Sourcing International (NSI) / Bluefin Talent have partnered so to offer a specialized recruitment solution within the Consulting and Financial services domains.
Working together as a specialist search and selection agency, we concentrate on blue chip financial services and strategy / technology consulting organizations across Europe and the Middle East; focusing exclusively on Financial Services, IT and Risk. Being niche allows us to offer a premium search service, tailored to overcome the technically challenging nature of recruitment for the specialist functions that we work.
We are dedicated to representing best of breed candidates in the region in our dedicated fields of employment. As such we are a leading outfit for placing ex-pats and internationally educated students in the region.
Our biggest unique selling point, is that we are steered by a dedicated team of ex-financial services and industry professionals. This allows us to offer a level of candidate pre-screening for roles, which is largely anomalous to the recruitment profession. Our ability to bridge the technical knowledge gap typical recruiters encounter, coupled with a thorough delivery process allows us to drive consistently superior results for our clients sourcing requirements. Designed to provide a fast and efficient turnaround, we minimize the use of internal resources our clients spend vetting inadequate profiles, allowing them to quickly get back to focusing on their strategic goals.
Our strength lies not only in the specialist nature of our firm, but also in the commitment we show towards our clients and candidates. We endeavour to build long-term relationships and recognise the crucial nature of communication throughout the recruitment process. Excellence, integrity, respect and transparency are cornerstone to the culture we promote.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Turnaround Restructuring (TRS) Senior Vice President – Global Management Consultancy
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Manager - Strategy Consulting for Industrial Goods Practice - Tier One Strategy House
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Principal - Strategy Consulting
NSI & Bluefin Talent