Job description / Role
Senior Manager - Large Corporates and Syndication (UAE Nationals)
• Lead a team comprising of credit professionals at various grades, such that the processing of credit requests are efficient, with a high level of due diligence. The need simultaneously is for strict adherence to the legal, statutory, regulatory policies in addition to the Bank's policies and guidelines.
• Lead a Team of Credit Professionals to ensure that team works within the laid down TAT by Management
• Manage the Work Flow of the Team with regular monitoring of the productivity. Gaps to be identified and remedial measures to be taken, to ensure their customer (i.e. Business Group etc) receive professional service on a timely manner
• Responsible for end to end Credit Appraisal of the Corporate Proposals with all supporting information/ documents in compliance with Bank's requirements
• Involve in various initiatives of the Dept, such as CVX up-gradation, Automation of the Credit Processing and Submission etc
• Efficient allocation of portfolios to ensure a proper work load and responsibility balance is achieved for the department's functioning
• Conduct proper due diligence for identification of gaps, if any, in terms of disclosures/ information in proposals
• Address and clarify issues or points raised at the review stage prior to preparation of the SWOT Analysis
• Finalise credit proposals with SWOT Analysis covering all significant factors (Strengths & Risks) for review and recommendation by Unit Head, ensuring accuracy and completeness
• Addresses further queries/ requirements if any required by the Unit Head for decision making or initiation of the decision process.
• Coordinate the communication of the Management decision on credit proposals to Business Analysts, RMs, Branch Managers, Segment Heads, Other Units & Unit Heads
• Bachelor's Degree in a Finance related discipline
• 5 - 7 year's finance experience with 2 years in general banking and 3 years in the Credit function, including supervisory responsibilities.
• Written and spoken English - Arabic preferable.
• Good understanding of banking operations, Bank's policies, procedures, guidelines, statutory requirements, market conditions.
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.