Job description / Role
Sr Manager M&A (Post-Deal) - Financial Services - Big 4 Consulting Firm
A Big 4 consulting firm is looking to expand its M&A Strategy practice in the Middle East. They are looking to hire Senior Manager with extensive experience in Strategy/M&A /Transaction/Deals/Integration and Separation (both sell-side and buy-side) value creation, carve-out, 100 days planning and execution, post-merger integration in the Financial Services sector. The primary focus of the role is to lead a team of 3-8 Managers and Consultants in M&A strategic projects, and support the leadership team in penetrating Financial Services Sector in business development initiatives.
During your tenure as a Sr Manager in Strategy and Mergers & Acquisitions, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
• Prepare project plan to meet objectives within established budget and timeline and recognizes when plans should be adjusted to meet objectives.
• Co-develop budget, scope, and staffing recommendations based on the understanding of client budget and project economics.
• Develop, originate, and execute M&A projects through own and team Financial Services research as well as leveraging existing (client) relationships.
• Work on a wide range of M&A engagements and will oversee and review daily project management.
• Lead a team of three to five to ten managers and consultants in large programs and take ownership of the preparation of key deliverables such as project management in post-merger integrations and carve-outs, reporting cadences, day 1 readiness planning, target operating model, and operational/IT/commercial due diligence.
• Coordinate sector analyses to identify M&A trends, identify suitable target companies and lead the preparation of pitches for clients and prospects.
• Work closely together with junior team members whom you will steer, coach, and train during transactions and business development activities, and act as the main support for business development activities.
• Play a client-facing role from origination to deal execution and closing.
• Bring eminence to the market both with technical competencies and with views and perspectives of M&A market trends.
• Foster a team environment that builds accountability for and commitment to meeting engagement objectives
• Build a global network of subject matter experts within a chosen sector and leverages global collateral to support sales pursuits and engagement.
• A degree from a top-tier university, preferably in the fields of economics, business administration, public policy, finance, or engineering; an MBA or relevant master’s degree is strongly beneficial but not required.
• At least 7+ years of experience in M&A consulting with a comparable firm within Big 4 and other major M&A consulting firm or a relevant professional discipline in corporate development and M&A functions within the Financial Services Industry
A candidate must have M&A Experience collaboratively within integrated, cross-functional teams to deliver M&A engagements across all the phases of the M&A lifecycle:
• Day 1 readiness planning and execution
• Post-merger integration
• Carve-out and Separation
• Operational Due Diligence
• First 100 days and long-term implementation
• Synergy evaluation
• Sound commercial acumen and understanding of international and the Middle East M&A markets
• Self-confident with a strong appetite to build up a strong M&A team and help in business development activities/initiatives.
• Dedicated & ambitious team player with very good communication skills
• Excellent knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and other related PC-applications
• Ability to travel up to 50% to neighboring countries (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
• Willing to relocate to Dubai
About the Company
New Sourcing International (NSI) / Bluefin Talent have partnered so to offer a specialized recruitment solution within the Consulting and Financial services domains.
Working together as a specialist search and selection agency, we concentrate on blue chip financial services and strategy / technology consulting organizations across Europe and the Middle East; focusing exclusively on Financial Services, IT and Risk. Being niche allows us to offer a premium search service, tailored to overcome the technically challenging nature of recruitment for the specialist functions that we work.
We are dedicated to representing best of breed candidates in the region in our dedicated fields of employment. As such we are a leading outfit for placing ex-pats and internationally educated students in the region.
Our biggest unique selling point, is that we are steered by a dedicated team of ex-financial services and industry professionals. This allows us to offer a level of candidate pre-screening for roles, which is largely anomalous to the recruitment profession. Our ability to bridge the technical knowledge gap typical recruiters encounter, coupled with a thorough delivery process allows us to drive consistently superior results for our clients sourcing requirements. Designed to provide a fast and efficient turnaround, we minimize the use of internal resources our clients spend vetting inadequate profiles, allowing them to quickly get back to focusing on their strategic goals.
Our strength lies not only in the specialist nature of our firm, but also in the commitment we show towards our clients and candidates. We endeavour to build long-term relationships and recognise the crucial nature of communication throughout the recruitment process. Excellence, integrity, respect and transparency are cornerstone to the culture we promote.
Finance Officer / Head
A Leading Company In UAE
A Leading TPA (Third Party Administrator) in Medical Insurance
Commercial Finance Manager