Job description / Role
We believe that your unique experiences, skills and passions will further shape into a challenging and rewarding career at Etisalat. In your association with Etisalat, you will gain best in class experience in telecommunications business and you will become part of a winning team dedicated to help you develop, learn and grow.
At Etisalat, as a business, and as a winning team, we're amazingly diverse. But we have all got a few things in common.
• We're ambitious
• We're open minded.
• We're dynamic.
• We respect our customer's needs.
• We enjoy working together.
• We embrace new technologies.
• And we're excited about the future.
At Etisalat, you are encouraged to be creative, think way outside the box, and work with some of the industry's most innovative minds on high impact assignments.
This will build a healthy culture of employee engagement and ultimately lead to engaged customers.
We welcome you to Etisalat. As we together engage to make your career fulfilling in Etisalat, we also look forward to your ideas to drive Etisalat to future success.
Currently we have an opportunity for an experienced professional with Information Technology Department, based out of Dubai; the role principally functions to manage the Internet and Web applications and digital application development activities, including analyzing business requirements, functional activities and systems to develop IT Solutions.
In your role, you would be entrusted to:
• Develop products & services jointly with Product Managers, ensure these are linked to business priorities and based on product roadmaps.
• Maintain the linkage between the business requirements and technical requirements as per the strategy and the market demand.
• Influencing the evolving technical architecture and deployment of the ATG platform, covering design, infrastructure, continuous delivery and scalability.
• Coordinate and Manage launch of related Services.
• Project manages implementation of defined services; work closely with Technology and Product Managers.
• Manage a variety of special projects that may have large scale organizational impact.
• Solution architecting, design, development and roll out of the ATG based solution.
• Performance Tuning of Online Applications.
• Evaluate projects and drive outcomes based on the impact of hardware or software upgrades on new and existing applications.
• Work with QA team to set the load testing standards and participate in load testing to find performance bottlenecks as needed in the Online application releases.
• Collaborate with DBAs, Network and Server administrators to ensure the system infrastructure is fully aligned with application needs.
• Advise IT senior level managers and executives to provide technical expertise, and project direction.
• Identify, evaluate and conduct proof-of-concepts for new technologies and lead development of core architectural components.
• Ideally you would be a graduate in Computer science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline.
• Academics would be complemented with 6 to 8 years of experience, involving finance, investor relations and/ or corporate communications responsibilities in a large and reputable bank/ financial services firm, telecoms company or other multinational organization.
We appreciate all applications, shortlisted candidates would be contacted please.
About the Company
Etisalat has been the telecommunications service provider in the UAE since 1976, and has built up a modern telecom infrastructure and established itself as an innovative and reliable operator.
Etisalat stands 140th among the Financial Times Top 500 Corporations in the world in terms of market capitalization, and is ranked by The Middle East magazine as the 6th largest company in the Middle East in terms of capitalization and revenues. The Corporation is the largest contributor outside the oil sector to development programmes of the UAE Federal Government, and is an award-winning socially responsible corporation. Etisalat has also won accolades from across the region for its nationalization programme.