Job description / Role
Dubai Parks and Resorts comprises of three theme parks - MOTIONGATE Dubai, BOLLYWOOD PARKS Dubai, and LEGOLAND Dubai and one water park - LEGOLAND Water Park - connected by Riverland ubai - a retail, dining and entertainment walkway. The destination will also feature the Lapita Hotel, a Polynesian-themed resort catering to families. Don't just visit - be a part of it! Join a talented and creative team to deliver unforgettable experiences for people from across the globe. Share your expertise, skills and passion with us, and be part of something everyone will be talking about for years to come.
Play Your Part
- Responsible for assisting the Director - Internal Audit in establishing the Department Objectives, Performance Standards, Risk Based Internal Audit Plan, and ensure that audits are completed professionally to achieve the appropriate objectives and adherence to The Institute of Internal Audit Standards Professional and Practice Framework and Code of Ethics.
- Responsible for assisting the Associate Director- Internal Audit in providing assurance on compliance with all applicable laws, regulations (including Ministerial Resolution No. 7 specifically) and internal policies and procedures for DPR and its subsidiaries (referred to as 'DPR' or 'the Company')
- Responsible for assisting Associate Director - Internal Audit in providing assurance on the internal control framework including the Company's risk management means and measures, sound application of governance rules, verifying compliance by the Company and its employees with applicable laws, regulations and resolutions that govern its operations, as well as internal procedures and policies and reviewing financial information that is forwarded to the Senior Management for drafting the financial statements .
- Planning and scoping audit assignments and special reviews effectively, agreeing deadlines and ensuring a comprehensive and appropriate terms of reference is set for each review.
- Review / conduct field work in accordance with the audit program and test plans and supervise work of team.
- Identify key risks to business objectives, evaluating and testing controls in place and identify areas for improvement
- Review / conduct independent reviews and evaluations of any and all management operations and activities including the systems of internal controls
- Ensure adequate planning during each audit assignment prior to commencing fieldwork
- Review / prepare reports on findings and recommend improvements in policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Review / provide quality assurance inputs in the reports and recommendations.
- Producing audit reports to meet required standard for reporting and maintaining Internal Audit and special assignment documentation in accordance with IIA Standards.
- Mentoring Team Members in their Career and Development needs.
- Managing special assignments (including fraud investigations) and advisory work in the domain of Internal Audit
- Assist in coordinating with Government Auditors and address any specific requirement
- Act as an independent and objective assessment role to provide assurance on the Compliance by the Company with the laws, regulations, resolutions and internal policies and procedures.
- Monitor, and as necessary, coordinate with the Management Compliance function to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Ensure that any non-compliance with laws and regulations identified are escalated to Board of Directors / Audit Committee through Associate Director - Internal Audit.
- When required verify compliance by the Company and its employees with applicable laws, regulations (especially Ministerial Resolution No. 7) and resolutions that govern its operations, as well as internal procedures and policies;
- If required Assess compliance with notices issued by the regulatory authorities and Government bodies (SCA, DFM etc.) and ensure notices are notified in a timely manner to all relevant DPR personnel in coordination with Management Compliance function;
- Managing a team of staff as required and work with external consultants; and
- Any other duties as may be required by Internal Audit Management
Are You a Star?
- Bachelor's Degree in business or related Fields
- Professional certificate (CIA, CPA, CA)
- 10+ years audit experience
- Should have experience working at a Managerial level in Internal Audit Department of any Corporate or Government organization in UAE.
- Should have experience in managing a team of internal audit resources.
- Should have experience in liaising with Government Auditors
- Complete own work to the required quality standards and deliver work on time
- Handle multiple priorities at any one time
- Interact with others in a manner that is respectful, patient, tolerant and understanding
- Takes responsibility and accountability for the work and performance of others
- MBA or other related professional certificates
- Governance and Compliance related certification
- Knowledge of Data Analytics and CAAT
- Work experience in Compliance and Governance roles;
- Arabic writing, reading and communication skills;
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014