Job description / Role
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Product Manager to own a segment of our business and be measured on growth and quality metrics.
• You will need to define strategy, success metrics and KPIs, build the roadmap, and influence others to achieve your goals.
• You will also be responsible of defining detailed product requirements, and working closely with engineering and business stakeholders to ensure timely execution along the way.
• The ideal candidate would have solid understanding of online retail, a technical background, and business acumen to be able to prioritize and deliver results.
• A deep curiosity about how things work, and a passion for creating a world-class shopping experience for our customers is a must!
• You will work with business and tech teams of all sizes and must have the leadership presence and communication skills to represent the team at all levels.
• You must be customer-obsessed, have strong self-motivation, able to influence and communicate with senior leadership.
• 10+ years of Product Management related experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, or related fields
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
• Demonstrated success leading project delivery for large, cross functional products / programs
• Experience working with software engineering teams to define, scope, and prioritize product requirements
• Strong organizational planning and development skills
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous entrepreneurial culture
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
• Experience with Internationalization and Localization, tailoring customer experiences to specific local customer needs
• Track record of hiring and developing high-performing teams
• Experience working in Emerging Markets
• Experience with online cataloging and classification systems
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.