Job description / Role
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group's entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
At Al Futtaim Motors, a leading player in the automotive sector, we are seeking a highly skilled and dynamic individual to join our team as Senior Manager - Product Marketing. As a Product Marketing Manager, you will execute the product vision by being the champion of SUV product portfolio and the true voice of the customer across the organization.
What you will do
- Identify target segments and define the primary target customer / vehicle application for each product line.
- Manage the product lifecycle to meet evolving consumer needs, technology developments and competitor landscape.
- Maximize mass profit of your portfolio by optimizing volume and profit per unit with right cost to value offering and logical grade walks.
- Perform competitive analysis to recommend product pricing strategy for launch and develop countermeasures to solve sales performance or stock issues.
- Establish close relationships with Principal / OEM to secure UAE market voice of the customer and influence decisions that could affect short-, mid- and long-term AFM business
- Handle OEM enquires & meet deadlines set for each project
- Attend OEM forums & Design reviews to align on the overall brand strategy
- Manage OEM visits to ensure maximum influence
- Coordinate with Demand and supply team to ensure the desired ordering mix to support the product life cycle strategy.
- Ensure product quality is in line with GSO (Gulf Standard Organization) standards in coordination with the Homologation & After Sales Accessory departments.
Required skills to be successful
- 3 years of product management experience
- Must have Toyota or UAE experience in the automotive industry. Good understanding of distributor, dealer and or OEM works.
- Strong business acumen with excellent analytical and financial skills with the ability to use data to build a compelling business case Team player
- Team Player
About the team
The role will report to the GM - Product and Pricing. This position interfaces with various stakeholders in the organization.
What equips you for the role
- University Degree (Automotive / Mechanical engineering preferred)
- Minimum 8 years of experience in automotive industry with at least 3 years in product related roles
- OEM experience desirable
- Ability to understand the technical aspects of the vehicle.
- Ability to study, analyze and interpret complex activities and/or information in order to improve new practices or develop new approaches.
- Strong decision-making skills with an eye for strategic enhancement of the business.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills to understand and address issues across multiple disciplines.
- Advanced project management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and manage deadlines.
- Passionate about automotive products
- Strong influencer
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills, able to build strong relationships and trust
- Natural seller of vision / ideas
- Willing to experiment and comfortable with ambiguity.
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
A major division of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, Al-Futtaim Automotive is an industry leader with presence in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing and aftersales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world's most iconic automotive brands: Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers - right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.
We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path. This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.