Job description / Role
Etisalat is looking to hire a suitable candidate with expertise in project/program audits to lead the Program Assurance function within Internal Control & Audit Department. The candidate is expected to lead proactive audit, due-diligence and reviews in providing management with ongoing assurance on governance relating to strategic projects / initiatives.
• Plan , execute assurance reviews of pre/post implementation of projects/ programs
• Perform project/program risk assessments for the purpose of performing assurance reviews.
• Direct/Review assurance reviews of on-going projects/programs: Coordinate issue resolution, perform health checks, heartbeat checks and deep dive reviews.
• Collaborate and work with Program/Project management teams of operational management
• Ensure clear and concise detailed/summarized program assurance reports are prepared explaining complex technical issues in simplified language for different levels of management.
• Perform follow up reviews on implementation of recommended remediation strategies
• Maintain Program Assurance Review Status Dashboards for Executive Management and Audit Committee Reporting
• Ensure continuous development of program assurance reviews following Project Management best practices and Internal Auditing Standards and Guidelines.
• Perform special reviews to find root causes and remediation actions for abnormal events based on management requests.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management/Telecommunication/Information Technology/Finance (Essential)
• Internationally recognized professional accounting/auditing qualification obtained by examination (CISA, CIA,CA, CPA, ACCA) (Essential)
• Project Management Profession (PMP) certification (Preferred)
• 8-10 years of audit experience in a reputable organization relating to project/program audit out of which 4 years should be in a managerial capacity.
• Experience in Telecom/IT project management preferred.
• Excellent leadership skills
• Advanced technical skills in using project management tools, data visualization tools, etc
• Strong technical/working knowledge in information technology, telecommunication technology , security and enterprise business domains
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with a wide variety of people in a wide variety of settings such as ambiguous and/or stressful situations.
• Excellent report writing skills
• Flexibility and the ability to change priorities quickly;
• Critical thinking and analytical skills and ability to provide solid technical/business solutions
• Desire for achievement and positive attitude towards working long hours
About the Company
Etisalat has been the telecommunications service provider in the UAE since 1976, and has built up a modern telecom infrastructure and established itself as an innovative and reliable operator.
Etisalat stands 140th among the Financial Times Top 500 Corporations in the world in terms of market capitalization, and is ranked by The Middle East magazine as the 6th largest company in the Middle East in terms of capitalization and revenues. The Corporation is the largest contributor outside the oil sector to development programmes of the UAE Federal Government, and is an award-winning socially responsible corporation. Etisalat has also won accolades from across the region for its nationalization programme.