Job description / Role
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile.
• Develop bank's ICAAP and Stress Testing framework, methodology, documentation, etc.
• Engage with the Risk owners/stewards for their respective ICAAP inputs including challenging their risk assessment, methodologies, etc.
• Prepare RMCC/BRCC presentations for the ICAAP methodology endorsement and approval of the ICAAP document
• Address all action points (CBUAE, Internal Audit, External Audit, etc.) related to ICAAP/Stress Testing.
• Develop and Maintain Pillar II-financial/non-financial capital assessment tools / scorecards / methodologies. This will include approaches for:
• Model Risk
• Climate Risk
• Residual Market Risk
• Residual Operational Risk ( with development of non-financial risk scenarios)
• Maintain documentation and Model inventory for all Pillar II/Stress Testing models
• Performance Model monitoring/back-testing of all Pillar II/Stress Testing models as per the schedules agreed with Model Oversight Committee
• Support External validations of all Pillar II/Stress Testing models
• Coordinate Internal/ External audit reviews of ICAAP/Stress Testing
• Secretary to STSG committee and review quarterly IFRS 9 macroeconomic updates and the implications.
• Contribute to the development of new Stress Testing scenarios/narratives/methodologies
• Run quarterly Pillar II/ Credit Sensitivity analyses for management committee submissions
• Support Bank's ESG strategy keeping abreast of local and international developments via:
• Developing Climate Risk Assessment Approach
• Conducting Climate Risk Stress Testing
• Developing Climate Risk Pillar II scorecard
• Liaising with ESG team on ESG reporting requirement (if needed)
Education and Experience:
• 10 + years' experience working in Financial / Risk roles, with a good understating of wholesale banking activities
• Good knowledge of Basel III/Reforms capital requirements
• Understanding / experience of wholesale credit risk processes and booking systems
• Understanding of accounting principles, i.e. fair valuation, and IFRS 9 provisioning and specific loan loss provisions
• Degree in finance, accountancy, banking studies, mathematics, quantitative methods, IT, business.
• Professional (preferred): accountancy & finance / CFA / MBA.
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.