Job description / Role
Global Village has an exciting full-time opportunity!! We are currently looking for a Sales and Sponsorship Manager with a strong emphasis on Business Development to join our Commercial team. The successful candidate will support the Commercial Director in implementing Sponsorship and Partnership plans, deals, packages and barters in line with the overall business goals and create new revenue streams.
If you have a proven track record in driving sponsorship and business development, have excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills, and fluent in both English and Arabic, read on..
• Primarily responsible to develop and drive Sponsorship, Activation, Customized Product sales strategy for Global Village.
• Identify and develop a well-researched list of prospective clients for sponsorship and activation at Global Village, negotiate proposals see through execution.
• Drive the development of new strategies for revenue growth, including product expansion, market expansion, partnerships.
• Sell relevant deals, contribute to the preparation of contracts with partners, study proposals and negotiate with potentials leads to conclude deals.
• Draft and recommend appropriate and relevant policies, processes, systems, standards, and procedures and implement them in line with GV’s growth strategies and plans.
• Prepare relevant budgets and targets in order to ensure that Global Village’s objectives are achieved within agreed parameters and service levels.
• Liaise directly with the various Global Village departments to explore ways of introducing new relevant business streams channels.
• Identify effective brand associations and leverage participation through multiple channels aimed at maximizing PR coverage.
• Prepare and present progress reports on a regular basis to the commercial Director, to ensure all relevant parties informed of all partnership arrangements, which will support the efficient delivery of the event objectives.
• Identify and develop leads to source partnership from local, regional and international businesses and organizations.
• Plan and execute market/site visits within assigned region.
• Maintain and review opportunities.
• Monitor market Intelligence within the industry/competition in terms of market development, new products, competitive activity, new customers etc.
• Remain updated with trends and developments in within the industry, particularly relating to event sponsorships, funding and in-kind supporting, activations and loyalty programs, product and service discounts or barter arrangements.
• Liaise with Global Village departments to ensure the inclusion of partner requirements at the events site and other negotiated locations, during the events, including appropriate site allocations, signage and other levels of recognition, support and exposure.
• Introduce an activation calendar to ensure that all relevant product launches and reveals takes place in Global Village to assure being the pioneer platform in new exposures.
• Work closely with Global Village Departments to enter barter deals and sponsorships that will reduce the company expenditures.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Degree in Business, with majors in marketing or sales.
• 6 to 8 years of business development, sponsorship and sales experience with at least 3 years in a relevant managerial or supervisory role.
• Proven track-record in sponsorship marketing, sales, contract negotiation and contract management.
• Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Persuasion and negotiation skills, attention to detail, problem solving skills.
• Bilingual – proficient in English and Arabic.
• Candidate must be currently based in UAE and hold a valid driving license.
About the Company
Arab Media Group (AMG), a member of Dubai Holding, is one of the region’s leading providers of media and family-oriented entertainment, delivering engaging content and creating exceptional experiences. Established in 2005, AMG has been serving a diverse regional audience through its multiple media and entertainment platforms that span across radio broadcasting, event management, and family entertainment. It currently comprises of Arabian Radio Network (ARN), Done Events and Global Village.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Business Development Manager / Account Manager
Sales Strategy Senior Manager
Gulf Marketing Group (GMG Group)
Sales Manager - Plastic Packaging
HoReCa Sales Manager