Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP is looking for a Senior Manager - Urban Planning with experience in the field of planning or infrastructure who will help us develop and implement our exciting projects to our client's expectations.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Lead multidisciplinary team and ensure they are given clear instructions and guidance.
* Perform and manage complex and sensitive professional planning projects, research and analysis. Reviewing consultant work and ensuring satisfactory quality.
* Scope and manage transport master plans and traffic impact studies.
* Be able to draw concept plans that can be converted by CAD operators.
* Monitor and ensure the master planning work is compliant with local standards and regulations.
* Overview and manage consultants gathering, compiling, and analyzing data on economic, social, cluster planning, and physical factors affecting the developments, ensuring the consultant's work quality.
* Prepare work programs to translate project objectives into detailed plans and take on the responsibility to subdivide work assignments and tasks to the consultant team.
* Write and prepare tender and contract documents including tender evaluation criteria, scope of services, deliverable schedule, payment schedule, so on.
* Lead procurement exercise, namely the technical evaluation, and present findings and recommendation to senior management.
* Implement required measures during the project management process and lead the team by resolving any problems, technical issues or deviations from plans to ensure that project progress is maintained as per plan.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Urban Planning.
* Minimum 15-20 years of progressive urban planning.
* Experience in producing master plans, conceptual designs and illustrative layouts.
* Development strategy and tactical advice related to phasing developments and utilizing development fronts and clustering.
* Experience in strategic and regional planning.
* Experience in producing project briefs.
* Airport planning experience.
* Transport and traffic planning experience.
* Experience in developing urban planning regulations, development guidelines, development control regulations, and writing technical manuals.
* Assessing third party developments from a master developer perspective.
* Enforcing development control regulations and design guidelines.
* Preparing market study briefs and scopes.
* Creative thinking and in depth understanding of current best practices especially related to industrial / logistics and cluster developments and hubs.
* Ability to speedily familiarise yourself with the local statutes and planning rules and regulations.
* Ability to involve and represent wide-range and diverse interests in the development planning and design process and to reconcile conflicting demands.
* Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
* Proven ability for performing in a lead capacity on a project.
* Experience working on the client side, with the master developer, managing a team of consultants.
* Experience working in master planning for economic generating clusters.
What's in it for you?
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.