Job description / Role
Brief Description Detailed Description
• Manage all matters relating to Tax advisory and compliance across the Group.
• Liaising with Finance and Commercial teams to effectively manage the Tax consequences associated with engagements and activities undertaken by the Group across the region, including new product offerings, transactions and restructures.
• Liaise with Finance and the business to identify VAT savings opportunities and tax risks or exposures (if any).
• Implementing appropriate modifications to existing business practices and enhancing record keeping practices to ensure compliance with relevant Tax and Tax Procedures Laws.
• Responsible for overseeing the preparation and lodgment of Value Added Tax and Corporate Tax returns for the Group Companies, including ensuring that the returns are complete, accurate, and lodged and paid in a timely matter.
• Management of VAT audits and reviews as they arise and ensuring timely responses to Tax Authority requests. Implementation of changes identified as a result of Tax Authority audits or reviews (if any).
• Lead discussions and responses to queries relating to Tax with Tax Authorities, including liaising with Senior Finance and MBC Legal in relation to Tax Authority dealings and communications.
• Provide guidance and assistance to Finance in relation to day-to-day Tax management, including coaching and development to improve the Group’s knowledge and competencies related to Tax.
• Assist in implementing robust indirect tax policies and procedures relating to compliance and advisory to improve
• Controls and minimize Tax risks
• Extensive Tax advisory and compliance experience in multiple jurisdictions, including 8+ years of experience working in Tax for a large public accounting firm and / or for a multinational Corporate Group.
• Experience preparing and lodging multiple VAT Returns, including VAT Group returns, on an ongoing basis.
• Experience in reviewing annual Corporate Tax returns.
• Proven background and understanding of Finance, Accounting and Tax practices and principles.
• Strong working experience in financial analysis, auditing and reporting.
• Ability to travel on an as needed basis (including to KSA).
• High level of accuracy with proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to meet deadlines in a time sensitive environment
About the Company
MBC Group is the largest satellite TV and radio network in the Middle East based in Dubai Media City. It broadcasts a portfolio of Arabic and Western entertainment channels; as well as managing the Al Arabiya news channel and New Media platforms. The group has expanded significantly in the last several years moving from one TV and radio channel to ten TV, four radio channels and a range of broadcast and news service companies. Additionally the Group operates a number of successful websites and is aggressively expanding its internet and multiplatform operations.
|Ras Al Khaimah||5 Mar|
Financial Controller/Management Reporting (Large Group)
Manpower Middle East
Manager - Accounts and Finance
Accountant - VAT and Reporting