Job description / Role
Our client, an International Law Firm, is currently looking for Marketing and Business Development Executive for their UAE office. It is a senior role within the Marketing & Business Development function and the Middle East. You will be responsible for:
• Work with the Head of the Middle East and Team Leaders to develop and implement annual business plans, budget proposals and campaign plans for the region.
• Oversee the BD activity of relevant practices to ensure regional objectives are met. This includes, but is not limited to, client development, profile raising, marketing and communications, pitching and event management.
• Seek opportunities to drive cross-office and regional collaboration to increase efficiencies and speed to market.
• Plan for and monitor the relevant business development budgets.
• Help drive and implement firm-wide and/or regional BD initiatives within the Middle East teams as appropriate.
• Project manage transactional and strategic bids, provide input on approach, team formations; draft, review and edit content; manage document development where necessary; ensure adherence to branding requirements; ensure adherence to pricing procedures.
• Ensure follow up is sought from client following a pitch; track and act on actions which arise; assess how feedback can be used to drive behavioral change.
• Monitor panel appointments and drive realization of opportunities presented.
• Develop high quality materials for use in bids to convey firm positioning, experience and sales messages to clients and targets. Ensure, for consistent messaging and capability presentation, that this content is replicated in appropriate systems and all communications channels.
• Act as ambassador for bid best practice to ensure understanding and compliance of the bid process within the region.
• Analyze win/lose rates and make recommendations as to how to improve performance.
• Drive the engagement of the region in our key client programme.
• Support partners on specific key clients and conduct research and analysis on key clients in order to identify new opportunities.
• Facilitate participation in our client feedback programme; track and act on actions arising from interviews and assess how feedback can be used to drive behavioral change.
• Maintain awareness of relevant global and local marketing products which can be used for client engagement.
• Work with the communications team and PR to develop our profile in the Middle East through profile raising campaigns and supporting marketing activities, collateral and press.
• Systematically measure performance in directories and league tables; agree target rankings with the Middle East partners; facilitate contribution to directories and league tables using consistent positioning messages; report on changes in rankings and against targets set; refine approach as needed.
• Ensure the Middle East region is brand compliant and adopts our visual identity to deliver consistent materials to market.
• Ensure all communications channels are up to date and convey consistent messaging and capability presentation (including but not limited to web, collateral, bids, experience statements, directories, league tables, CVs).
• Adhere to and/or develop best practice to improve efficiency and transparency to fee earners.
• Effectively utilize and promote use of our Manila-based Global Services Centre for operational tasks.
• Encourage regional adherence to procedures and best practice with company’s systems including Interaction and Experience Management.
• Day-to-day management of one assigned team member (at Executive level).
The Ideal Candidate would have:
• Bachelor’s Degree or above in Marketing, law or business-related discipline.
• Minimum 3 years of experience on a managerial role.
• At least 2-5 years of experience working in a law firm or professional services firm.
• Excellent project management skills - the candidate must be able to demonstrate experience of managing multiple projects and transforming commercial issues into business development opportunities.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Experience of working with clients and ability to be client facing.
• Sound working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.