Senior Materials / Corrosion Engineer
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
- Material Selection and Corrosion Control design Specification.
- Use corrosion calculation software such as ECE-5 and have knowledge of codes/standards such as NACE MR 0175/ISO 15156, Shell DEPs.
- Prepare Materials and Corrosion Control deliverables for Onshore and Offshore Projects.
- Material Selection, Corrosion Monitoring and Corrosion Inhibition Philosophies
- Metallic and Non-metallic materials selection for sour and sweet services application
- Develop Material Selection Report for Sour (H2S Containing Service) Gas Processing Plants as per NACE MR 0175/ISO 15156 and NACE MR0103 requirements
- Developing Material Selection Diagrams
- Prepare General Specification for Painting & Coating
- Positive Material Identification (PMI)
- Cathodic Protection Philosophy and specification
- Welding and Heat Treatment
- Coordinate on technical issues with other Engineering Disciplines as required.
- Provide the necessary inputs/data to other disciplines as per the requirements and procedures.
- Review of the inter-discipline documents (IDC)
- Vendor's Coordination and review of Vendor material and painting procedures
- Input to the Technical Proposals/ Bids, Technical Clarifications and CTR/Man-hours estimations
- Participation in HAZOP/HAZID workshops (as required)
- Meeting with Clients, Vendors and Material Suppliers
- Interface with Client representatives as required for resolving any technical issues.
- Participate in safety and design review meetings e.g. HAZOP, HAZID, 3D Model, along with Client and representatives of other engineering disciplines
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 12 years of experience on Oil and Gas projects, preferably in the MENA region.
- Strong experience on SELECT/ Concept, FEED & EPC Projects Experience
- Expert knowledge of software tools (ECE & PRIDECT)
- B. Sc. in Chemical/Metallurgy or equivalent engineering degree.
- Certification in, NACE/AMPP Corrosion specialist, API (571, 580/581)
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.