Job description / Role
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for all the technical and design concerns during the conception and the construction in the trade related to their qualification. The role ensures the quality at every stage of the project (design, construction, testing and commissioning).
Take control of the design studies, technical studies, in coordination with other trades working on the projects he/she is involved. Coordinates with the clients and other Consulting Engineers at any phase of the project as well as the Contractors during the construction stage.
- Using BIM - Revit - and other software tools in the delivery of a project from concept stage to project completion.
- Understands client requirements and identifies inputs and outputs,
- Organizes and plan the studies and drawings production in respect of the delays at any stage of the studies,
- Prepares sketches and the feasibility studies to define the guidelines of the project and enable the client to make the necessary choices,
- Studies all the spatial, temporal and technical constraints dictated to the project, in coordination with other technical Consultant trades.
- Summarizes all the technical aspects and writes the specifications,
- Produce tender documents, invite bidders, receive and analyse tenders, select and recommend suppliers,
- Guides and controls Draftsmen production, in respect of the delays,
- Make material choices (validate the Material Submittal given by the Contractor)
- Prepares materials proposals including required technical data and submits these to the Client's approval.
- Is in charge of all types of verifications:
- Reviews contracts in terms of supplying the right goods and services, on time and within budget,
- Checks the cohesion between the general studies and the specifications,
- Checks the compliance with various codes (security, safety, airport regulation, construction) as per Country and/or Client's requirement,
- Ensures project management quality assurance,
- Ensures production quality regarding drawings and all contractual documents, including material submittals, in respect of the delays,
- May be called for specialist advice, diagnostics, expertise recommendations and solutions on airport installations and other existing buildings types.
- Coordinates with other Technical Consultant's Engineers,
- Coordinates with the Contractors technical issues,
- Works on the required site modifications, prepares and submits Variation Order to the Client's approval, issues Engineer's Instructions and answers the contractors' technical requests.
- Is in charge of all types of verifications:
- Prepares technical comments on non-conformity reports, instruction request and material approvals that will be transmitted to the Construction Manager via the Resident Engineer for validation,
- Reviews all documents related to construction work, such as but not limited to: shop drawings, as-built documentation, method of statements, materials submittals, mock-ups, calculation notes, etcâ€¦
- Alerts in case of claims and advise the Contract Adviser for answering claims,
- Checks the production and construction quality on site,
- Checks manufacturing of devices (including validation of prototype).
- Supervises the all construction work stages:
- Supervises installation, commissioning, testing, punch listing and training,
- Controls the progress of works (building site follow-up, execution plans control through site visit),
- Attends site meetings with the client, contractors, subcontractors and/or suppliers,
- Supervises inspectors.
- 10-15 years of total experience with a minimum of 3 years under BIM environment projects and at least 6 at Senior level.
- Bachelor Degree of Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- UAE society of engineers membership.
- BIM related software (ideally Revit) certification is preferred. Knowledge in other software is an advantage ( AutoCAD, MathCAD, etc)
- Strong proficiency in BIM (Revit) and supporting Revit tools skill - Dynamo BIM or equivalent.
- Well verse in MS office Application (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Proficient in English language
- Ability to plan, organize and has flexibility towards work.
About the Company
ADP Ingenierie, a wholly-owned Groupe ADP subsidiary, is a French engineering company that carries out architectural and engineering activities worldwide dealing with design of new airports or existing airports development.
Its teams of experts can accompany a project from the initial design to operational stages and group together multiple skills, from engineering to architecture, studies and the supervision of works.
With 400 employees of 46 nationalities working in 19 different countries, ADP Ingenierie is presently carrying out over 130 projects concurrently worldwide.
Mechanical Engineer - AC / Chiller Units
|Abu Dhabi||16 Oct|
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Data Centers
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Hospitality / Hotels