Job description / Role
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for all the technical and design concerns during the conception and the construction in the trade related to his/her qualification. The role ensures the quality at every stage of the project (design, construction, testing and commissioning).
Takes control of the design studies, technical studies, in coordination with other trades working on the projects he/she is involved. Coordinates with the clients and other Consulting Engineers at any phase of the project as well as the Contractors during the construction stage.
Line and Staff Relations
This role will report directly to the Head of Practice - Building in the design office and / or the trade senior engineer. He/She has relation with
- All the local staff: Inspector and support staff
- All the external entities necessary to his/her job execution
- Design Projects
- Lead the understanding of the requirements of a Client and/or project and specify the project design deliverables to be produced, all design stages.
- Prepare, attend and record Clients' meetings and presentations
- Prepare, attend and record design coordination meetings
- Ensure the Design Review process to validate expected performances meet the project & contractual requirements.
- Using BIM - Revit - and other software tools in the delivery of a project from concept stage to project completion.
- Organizes and plan the studies and drawings production in respect of the contractual delays and technical content at any stage of the studies,
- Prepares sketches and the feasibility studies to define the guidelines of the project and enable the client to make the necessary choices,
- Studies all the spatial, temporal and technical constraints dictated to the project, in coordination with other technical Consultant trades.
- Summarizes all the technical aspects and writes the specifications,
- Produce tender documents, invite bidders, receive and analyse tenders, select and recommend suppliers,
- Guides and controls Draftsmen production, in respect of the delays,
- Make material choices (validate the Material Submittal given by the Contractor)
- Prepares materials proposals including required technical data and submits these to the Client's approval.
Is in charge of all types of verifications
- Reviews contracts in terms of supplying the right goods and services, on time and within budget,
- Checks the cohesion between the general studies and the specifications,
- Checks the compliance with various codes (security, safety, airport regulation, construction) as per Country and/or Client's requirement,
- Ensures project management quality assurance,
- Ensures production quality regarding drawings and all contractual documents, including material submittals, in respect of the delays,
- May be called for specialist advice, diagnostics, expertise recommendations and solutions on airport installations and other existing buildings types.
- Coordinates with other Technical Consultant's Engineers,
- Coordinates with the Contractors technical issues,
- Works on the required site modifications, prepares and submits
- Variation Order to the Client's approval, issues Engineer's Instructions and answers the contractors' technical requests.
Is in charge of all types of verifications
- Prepares technical comments on non-conformity reports, instruction request and material approvals that will be transmitted to the Construction Manager via the Resident Engineer for validation,
- Reviews all documents related to construction work, such as but not limited to: shop drawings, as-built documentation, method of statements, materials submittals, mock-ups, calculation notes, etc
- Alerts in case of claims and advise the Contract Adviser for answering claims,
- Checks the production and construction quality on site,
- Checks manufacturing of devices (including validation of prototype).
Supervises the construction work stages
- Supervises installation, commissioning, testing, punch listing and training,
- Controls the progress of works (building site follow-up, execution plans control through site visit),
- Attends site meetings and presentations with the client, contractors, subcontractors and/or suppliers,
- Supervises inspectors.
- 10-15 years of total experience with a minimum of 3 years under BIM environment projects and at least 6 at Senior level.
- Good knowledge of International Codes ad Standards
- Good knowledge of Regional Codes and Standards would be a must
- NFPA certified would be a must
- Dubai Municipality certified would be a must
- Bachelor Degree of Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. Master's would be advantageous
- UAE Society of Engineers membership will required.
- Strong proficiency in BIM tools (Revit) and supporting Revit tools skill - Dynamo BIM or equivalent. and other discipline related software
- Naviswork knowledge required
- Well verse in MS office Application (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Knowledge in other software is an advantage ( AutoCAD, MathCAD, etc).
- Excellent professional written and spoken English
- Interpersonal and Presentation skills
- Ability to write clear and precise technical reports
- Ability to plan and organize tasks and has flexibility towards work.
About the Company
ADP Ingenierie, a wholly-owned Groupe ADP subsidiary, is a French engineering company that carries out architectural and engineering activities worldwide dealing with design of new airports or existing airports development.
Its teams of experts can accompany a project from the initial design to operational stages and group together multiple skills, from engineering to architecture, studies and the supervision of works.
With 400 employees of 46 nationalities working in 19 different countries, ADP Ingenierie is presently carrying out over 130 projects concurrently worldwide.
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Facilities Management
Opus Recruit Middle East
Senior Electro - Mechanical Engineer BHS
Mechanical Engineer I
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||13 Dec|
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Design / Construction
|Abu Dhabi||29 Nov|
Electro Mechanical Engineer
RTC-1 Employment Services