Job description / Role
At Stantec, we approach every project as a partnership, because our work creates a lasting impact on our clients’ communities. We believe that when smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are within reach. Our people are at the heart of everything we do; they give our work purpose. If you want to be a part of our unwavering team and can bring your sense of imagination and determination to every challenge, then this is the right place for you.
Stantec is currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our dynamic team and support on a construction supervision project of a large office building complex which will accommodate the client’s administration and operation employees. This project will have related functional and supporting facility buildings in Abu Dhabi.
• In conjunction with the Project Management/Construction Supervision team, the Senior Mechanical Engineer will lead and manage implementation of all site-based mechanical inspectors.
• Provide active support and technical supervision of the site-based field audit (QAQC) and inspection functions.
• Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods and properties.
• Establishing construction, manufacturing or installation standards or specifications by performing a wide range of detailed calculations.
• Ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements by directing or coordinating installation, manufacturing, construction, maintenance, documentation, support or testing activities.
• Writing reports and compiling data regarding existing and potential mechanical engineering projects and studies.
• Preparing specifications for purchases of mechanical equipment and materials.
• Estimating material, labor, or construction costs for budget preparation.
• Reviewing, approving and processing all Mechanical technical submittals.
• Coordinating and supervising the work of all Mechanical activities and operations.
• Liaison with the necessary sub consultants.
• Reviewing contractors claims related to Mechanical works and preparing recommendations for claims.
• Assisting with the inspection of completed works and monitoring the start-up, testing, commissioning and handover of the Mechanical works.
• Signing off on completed Mechanical works with completed documentation.
• Client Service Management
• Internal and external client liaison
• Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
• Design for safety, i.e. Construction Design Management.
• Other duties as requested from time to time by the Technical Lead.
If you have the following qualifications, we would love for you to be a part our diverse team:
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university.
• Minimum of 15 years of work experience in similar projects.
• The candidate must have intensive knowledge in buildings, building standards and all aspects as may be required by the Client
• Chartership or other engineering accreditation is an advantage
• Experience working with international consulting firms
• Previous Musanada experience and/or approval an advantage
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Mechanical Engineer
A Leading Group In UAE
Abdullah A. AlMoosa Enterprises
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
|Abu Dhabi||3 Apr|
Project Manager - MEP
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer (Client Side)