Senior Medical Photographer and Multimedia Specialist
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
Al Ain, UAE
Job description / Role
- The overall Objective of the Position: Medical Photography of laboratory specimens, video capture of events and coverage
- Prepares photographic digital images from a wide variety of sources, such as; lab specimens, MRI and CT scans, X-rays and illustrations related teaching.
- Prepares, edits and keeps a bank of live action videos, animation videos and infographics videos for educational activities and to convey complex information in a simply manner.
- Assumes responsibility for the photo coverage of all events within the CMHS and in the main campus
- Maintains an online pictorial newsletter for the CMHS, 'CMHS Times', Medical Education Newsletters, and distributes by e-mail to all faculty, staffs, and students
- Digitizes existing 35mm film slides, and scans images from given materials.
- Photographing all kinds of lab experiments and research related works "Western Blots" using translucent light while they are still in the acid bath.
- Medical photography of patient on request after obtaining the consent from the concerned persons for case study and for publication purposes.
- Makes collage plates and labelling.
- Creates posters and book covers.
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
- Courses on photography, video capture and editing of lectures and other educational activities
- Specialized Skills in medical photography
- Video recording and editing
- Vast knowledge in Adobe Photo shop programs
- Video editing with Final Cut Pro or other similar programs
- Specialized knowledge with Multimedia software
- Communication skills
- Teamwork skills
- Willingness to learn and be trained and to train others
- Ability to work under pressure
- Dedication/commitment: Staying on the job until it is finished
- Self-directed learner
- Self-supervising and organized
- Positive work ethic
- Punctuality and attendance consistency
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Photographer / Graphic Designer
RTC-1 Employment Services
Engagement Manager – Digital Transformation & Technology Strategy – Top Tier Strategy House
NSI & Bluefin Talent