Job description / Role
Your responsibilities will include:
• Review consultant and contractor designs.
• Providing input into all aspects of the procurement process including preparation of briefs and bid documentation, prequalification of consultants/contractors, and the bid/appointment process.
• Providing input into the development of the MEP schedule and reviewing contractor submissions.
• Managing technical coordination meetings with consultants, contractors, and utility providers.
• Reviewing of pre-construction documentation provided by the contractor including shop drawings, material/ equipment submittals and samples, quality plans, and method statements.
• Reviewing of construction progress including programme and quality control/auditing.
• Reviewing all testing and commissioning activities and liaison with the independent commissioning authority.
• Being responsible for the development of project MEP close-out strategy and review of documentation such as record drawings and O&M manuals provided by the contractor.
• Supporting the commercial team in the valuation of works, change control, or claims.
• Assisting in the production of project reports.
• Reporting to the project director and MEP director.
• Supporting bidding and securing new work.
• You are chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers) and Institution of Mechanical Engineers – Member.
• You are digitally savvy and can build lasting client relationships and provide support to strong, motivated teams. • You will have experience delivering projects from start through to completion within a consultancy industry and be poised to expand your own horizons, those of our clients and of our ambitious people alike.
• You have previous working experience on construction projects and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior MEP Manager
Project Manager - Construction
Compass Project Consulting
Unibuild Group of Companies
MEP Project Manager
One Thousand Walls