Job description / Role
- Advise the MEP project manager of any technical aspects of the MEP services that may affect construction progress, quality and the like.
- Continually review the contractor’s construction schedule during the progress of site works.
- Review Contractor’s installation method statements.
- Review Contractor’s shop drawings against the design [tender] drawings for compliance with the design intent and return to project manager with appropriate comments / approval.
- Review contractor’s MEP shop drawing in conjunction with the structural and electrical engineers to ensure engineering co-ordination and advise MEP project manager accordingly
- Review Contractor’s MEP services material proposals against specified technical performance requirements and advise the MEP Project Manager on the appropriateness of the proposals.
- Review Contractor’s proposed subcontractor(s) associated with the structural engineering works from a technical standpoint.
- Undertake general project site observation / inspection of the MEP services works for Contractor’s adherence to the approved shop drawings and Consultant’s specification, good working practices, the construction schedule and health & safety.
- Undertake prior review of Contractor’s proposed MEP system testing & commissioning methods and schedule
- Review and comment on Contractor’s testing and commissioning results and advise MEP Project Manager accordingly
- Prepare on-going list of MEP services defects for contractor’s remedial action.
- Undertake final project snagging and prepare list of defects for Contractor’s action.
- Attend project, site progress and any MEP services related technical meetings as directed by the MEP project manager.
- Prepare draft site / engineer’s instructions, relating to the building mechanical services, as required and issue to the MEP Project Manager.
- Provide advice to the Project Manager in regard to any mechanical services related variation costs that may be claimed by the Contractor during the course of the works.
- Review and comment upon Contractors Operation and Maintenance manuals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5-10 years’ professional experience. UAE/GCC/Middle East is a plus.
- Good command in English, both written and spoken. Arabic is a plus.
- Significant relevant experience on site, ideally on large scale projects in the Middle East.
About the Company
SANJOSE is a listed, robust and diversified business Group. It carries out its activity in several countries in Europe, America and Africa through its main business lines:
SANJOSE Construction SANJOSE Real Estate SANJOSE Energy and Environment SANJOSE Concessions and Services
With a turnover of EUR 752 million in 2011, SANJOSE is characterised by financial strength, competitiveness, innovation, participation in the development and implementation of unique projects and its high-technology training.
The structure of its internal organisation is distinguished by its flexibility, dynamism, expertise and ability to adapt to customer needs and the market characteristics where it operates.