Senior MIS & Control Specialist
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Job description / Role
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile.
Responsible to provide data support to compliment and quantify collection efforts
- Production of regular and ad-hoc management information (MI) reports for Collections and recovery unit.
- Conduct portfolio analysis and recommend actions to mitigate risk and control credit losses.
- UATs for Collection system and developments as required
- Identify areas for automations and actively participate and drive towards completion of all the adhoc collection projects
- To ensure driving successful Collections Strategy & process for all PBG products
- To provide timely Collections MIS reports to Head of Collections for review and provide analytics support and Collection system management and finance & administration support to the collections team.
- To ensure new strategies are tested and successful strategies are implemented on an ongoing basis to face the challenges for external environment and changing external environment.
- Prepare and submit MIS to Head of Collections to facilitate Weekly review.
- Provide analytical support to the Collections and Recoveries.
- Working with managers of Unsecure and Secure & SME teams to review strategy effectiveness, continuously updating the department's collection strategy documents and conducting Champion Challenger tests of collections Head.
- Updating the capacity plan template and ensuring the timely submission to collections head.
- Preparing and submitting monthly MIS pack to Collections Head for review.
- Assisting the Collections Head in overall coast management and budgeting activities.
- Leading team of administrative support staff in providing non-collection support to the department.
- Working closely with CTA -CWX administrator to ensure all system parameter changes compliance with the approval and implementation guidelines.
- Working closely with IT team to ensure all system related issues are documented and resolved within acceptable time frame.
- Ongoing enhancement of collection strategies through continues testing of new strategies and apply effective ones based on rules achieved
- Build up effective process that shape up overall collection operations
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher; preferably graduate of Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science
- At Least 2 years' experience in handling and generating MIS for financial institutions
- Expertise in SAS/SQL
- Strong understanding of Collection and recovery Operations, policies & procedures, External economic/market environment including UAE Central Bank and other statutory guidelines.
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.