Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
At Level Shoes, our Mobile Developer contributes to the creation of mobile solutions, as well as the development and maintenance of iOS application. You will design for the Level iOS platform while collaborating with internal and external teams. You will be responsible for ensuring that the delivered software components provide the necessary functionality and performance in accordance with the overall requirements to create the ultimate mobile experience.
What you'll be doing:
- Design and build applications in the iOS platform
- Building, deploying, testing mobile apps, and releasing them to the Apple App Store
- Build top architectures to build top features in Swift
- Applying designed user-interfaces with a pixel-perfectionist developer Mindset
- Contributing to project analysis processes in collaboration with Project Managers and other team members.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, etc.
- 5+ years of extensive experience in mobile development in iOS
- Experience leading a team of iOS developers
- Prior experience in handling mobile apps from 0 to release and later live maintenance
- Excellent knowledge about the iOS/SDK environment such as UIKit, Foundation
- Experience with programming in SwiftUI, and limited (for maintenance of existing projects) in Objective-C
- Good knowledge in using web services (json/rest, soap/xml)
- Experience in working with version control systems (Git)
- Having knowledge of tools: PaintCode, Sketch, Atlassian JIRA/SourceTree/Confluence,
- Knowledge of social media integration (OAuth, OpenGraph, Facebook/Twitter API)
- Having experience in working in agile teams.
What you'll need to make the difference:
- Start-up experience
- Growth mindset
- Experience within Enterprise commerce system
- Stakeholder management
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.